FYI Library Interactive 2012
Thank you for your attention and now it's your turn! Please take this short interactive and evaluation of the your session with the librarian. You might want to have the library's webpage opened (
Who is your FYI instructor?
Library student staff / Test
Derry Ebert Section 1
Derry Ebert Section 8
Kevin Turner / J. Wilkinson
Erica Green / N. Long
Sharon Felker / J. Martin
"Desiring God" Section 5 (Instructor TBA)
My section isn't listed
1. Where on the Library's Homepage can you renew your items, see your checkouts and due dates, check the status of your holds, etc.?
In the Search Box
In the Quick Links Box
In the Chat Box
In the Contacts Box
2. What is Prospector?
Prospector is ..... a personal assistant who gathers up all of your research materials for you.
......a system linked to your courses which finds articles related to your course topics
..... a large Colorado library cooperative which includes the CCU Library - CCU students can request books from all of these libraries and have them sent right here in a short time.
..... a library "data mining" service to find materials.
3. Search Prospector for "Critical essays in music education" / ed by Marvelene C. Moore. What one library owns this?
U of Denver
UC - Boulder
Poudre River Public Library District
UC - Colo Spgs
4. The CCU Library has an e-book titled "Art of Reading and Speaking". Search our catalog, open the book and list who's quoted at the start of Chapter X, "On Delivery".
5. Do we have access to the fulltext of the Harvard Business Review journal?
Click on "Journal Articles and Databases" and then, "Find a Specific Journal Title".
Yes, CCU has this journal in the ABI Inform database
Yes, CCU has this journal in the Lexis Nexis database
Yes, CCU has this journal in the Business Source Premier database
No, CCU doesn't subscribe to this journal in print or electronic
6. Find under "Subject Guides" the Library's General Guide, "Write and Cite" . What tab on this guide will help you with citing sources for a standard paper?
Writing - Style, Grammar, Punctuation, etc
Citing Sources - APA, MLA, Chicago, etc.
Plagiarism and Evaluting Sources
Dictionaries, Thesauri, etc.
7. In Summon what options can you use to refine your search (choose all that apply)
Full-text online only
Scholarly publications only
8. What ways can you contact a librarian (choose all that apply)
Chat (from the library website)
Drop in and visit us (there are four librarians, our offices are in the hallway - come anytime)
9. Regarding this statement, "As a result of today's presentation, I have a much better understanding of the library and library resources" Do you....
Thank you! Have a great semester and know that we're happy to help you. Please leave any additional comments here:
Never submit passwords through Google Forms.
Terms of Service