Washington County EMA, Williamson County and TEMA are jointly hosting a Communications Leader (COML) class June 5 through 8, 2012 in Johnson City, Tennessee. This class will be at the Northeast Tennessee Regional Health Office located at 1233 Southwest Avenue Extension, Johnson City, TN 37604. The class will be held in the classroom behind the main building which is referred to as the Warehouse.
This class will start at 9:00 AM the first day and 8:30 AM the other three days. The class size will be up to 24 with lunch provided. Please fill out the information below to sign-up for this class. About one month before the class a separate written application for official registration and additional class information will be emailed.
MAP LINK TO CLASS LOCATION: http://maps.google.com/maps?f=q&source=s_q&hl=en&geocode=&q=1233+Southwest+Avenue,+Johnson+City,+TN&aq=0&sll=36.328506,-82.361434&sspn=0.008298,0.021286&ie=UTF8&hq=&hnear=1233+Southwest+Ave,+Johnson+City,+Washington,+Tennessee+37604&t=h&z=16
1. A public safety communications background or duties with exposure to field operations and communications; this experience will be validated by the authority who supervises the applicant in the course application that will be emailed after this initial sign-up.
2. Fundamental public safety communications technology, supervisory, and personnel management skills. These include, but are not limited to:
• Knowledge of local and regional communication systems
• Frequencies and spectrum
• Knowledge of local topography
• Knowledge of system site locations including knowledge of local, regional, and state communications plans, and knowledge of local and regional Tactical Interoperable Communications Plans, if available
The applicant is required to have completed the following before class:
IS-700, IS-800, ICS-100, ICS-200, and ICS-300
Thanks, David Wolfe
Tennessee Emergency Management Agency
WA4VVX / AAR4CY