West Park Cooperative Application
Thank You for your Interest in becoming a member of Occupy West Park Cooperative. Pleas complete this application to help us get to know you better. We will contact with a decision or request to schedule an interview shortly.
Name Of Applicant:
Are you seeking to live and work at OWPC or work at OWPC?
Choose one answer only please...
If Live/Work, Will you be able to Pay $7 per day to live within the Coop Community?
Choose only One Answer Please...
Are you, or have you ever been employed by, affiliated , with or paid by any local, state, or federal law enforcement department, agency, or organization?
Choose only one answer Please...
Part 1: Personal History
Please provide your employment history for your last Four jobs,starting with your current situation. This information will only be used to help the Cooperative asses your Skills and experience.
1. Type of position and Description
2. Type of position and description
3. Type of position and description
4. Type of position and description
Part 2: Skills Inventory
All members have the obligation to participate in the governance, management, maintenance, and improvement of OWPC. Below is a listing of some of the things we do or would like to be able to do: please put an "x" in the box to the left of any skills in which you have some experience and/or knowledge. Please add any other skills you have that you think might be useful and that aren’t listed here. Please do not be intimidated or discouraged if you are unable to check many items. Many factors are considered in selecting new members: skills are only one of them! Please put an "x" in the box to the left of any skills in which you have some experience and/or knowledge.
developing training procedures & materials
cooking and food services management
consensus decision-making processes
drafting policy proposals
Accounting & Business
budgeting & financial planning
taxation of cooperatives & other businesses
familiarity w/ insurance and/or contract law
knowledge of QuickBooks accounting software
painting, incl. proper preparation
refinishing stained/varnished wood
carpentry - rough and/or finish
window repair & replacement
masonry & concrete
metal work - sheet metal, welding, etc.
electrical - low voltage and/or 110 systems
steam heating systems
grouting/sealing of tiled surfaces (counters, etc)
design of space-efficient work/living spaces
contracting & project management
knowledge of MS Office software
spreadsheets (MS Excel)
website development & maintenance
electronic data security,
Design Software (Gimp,Photo Shop, Etc....)
silk screen printing
graphic design and layout
Please list other skills and experience that you believe will benefit the community
Part 3: General Questions
Please answer each of the following questions. In completing this application in on your computer, insert your answers after each question: it doesn’t matter how many pages result. If completing by hand/typewriter, please attach additional sheets of paper for your answers to questions that require more space than is provided: if you do this, please remember to number your answers.
1. Why are you applying to become a member of OWPC?
2. Do you know any current or former members of OWPC? If so, please list each of them and identify your relationship to them:
3. How did you hear about OWPC?
4. Have you had any experience living in a cooperative or with other types of cooperatives or in other group live/work situations?
5. Have you participated in volunteer (unpaid) community work during the last 5 years? If so, please briefly describe the organizations/projects, the work done, when and how often and for how long?
6. What are your experiences with group decision-making and with working as part of a team/group to accomplish a task?
7. How would you describe your strengths and weaknesses in group decision-making, problem solving and doing tasks as part of a group or team? What do you see as advantages or drawbacks of such group efforts?
8. On average, how many hours/week do you think you could contribute to our OWPC cooperative if you are accepted?
9. Based on the specific skills or experience listed in Part 2, what kind of work and activities do you think you would most enjoy doing? least enjoy doing?
Never submit passwords through Google Forms.
Terms of Service