The Cullowhee Native Plant Conference is pleased to invite all participants in the Cullowhee Conference to create and present posters. Topics should center around native plants, ecological restoration, botany, conservation horticulture, landscape design, etc.
The poster session will occur Friday, July 20, 2011 from 8:00-9:00 AM. Each participant is expected to be present at their poster to answer questions during this time. Posters can be put up any time prior to Thursday evening.
Posters sizes can vary but should conform to typical academic standards (ASHS, SNA, ESA, ASLA, etc.) Presenters will need to supply backing support for their posters. Easels will be provided. Tri-fold posters are acceptable.
Two categories of posters exist:
• Student: Open to current and recent graduates, Winter 2011 or Spring 2012. A prize will be awarded in an undergraduate and graduate category. Judging will occur during the poster session on Friday morning.
If necessary, the student category will be broken into scientific and design subgroups.
• Educational: Open to working professionals, hobbyists, educational groups, or botanical institutions who would like to display information about their professional work or educational commitment.
Proposals will be reviewed and selected based upon the following criteria:
• Unique, cutting edge or timely subjects
• Anticipated attendee interest in the subject matter
• Appropriateness for the conference
Your complete proposal must be received by the deadline for review and consideration by the Scholarship Committee.
The Scholarship Committee will review proposals and make preliminary proposal selections. An acknowledgement will be sent to confirm the status of your proposal in early July.
Please submit your proposals via this electronic form.
For additional information or if you have any questions, email Olivia Brakenbury at LivBrak@gmail.com or call 919.270.9238, leaving a message if necessary with your phone number and a time window for a return call. Calls will be returned promptly.