Online Service Center: Re-imagined
The University’s telecommunications billing and reporting system, the Online Service Center (OSC), is in the middle of a major upgrade. Our primary responsibility has been to migrate the reporting functionality from the existing Online Service Center to the all-new Service Request System (SRS).
Scan here to contact us!
The existing Online Service Center is written in a WebObjects framework, which has been deprecated. The platform is now being rewritten as the Service Request System in a Django framework.
- Consistency across all billing reports to ensure ease of use for both frequent and infrequent users
- Improved, more-detailed and more-specific billing reports, as requested by the customer
- A billing and reporting system that is well-supported and configurable
- Building on the work of a previous intern, we considered user feedback on the current system to provide useful improvements to the billing reports
- Collaborated with a User Interface expert to create a user-friendly experience that is consistent with the Service Request System as a whole
- Met weekly with the customer to assure the functionality of the application is inline with the users’ needs
- Developed a new billing report to provide coverage that is lacking in the current system