Quick Start Guide
Filling, closing, and mooring your balloon
1) Tie string to a carabiner with double overhand knot (see upper right box).
2) Tie the other end (5ft or so) to something heavy like a 1 gallon jug full of water -- so your balloon won't fly away as you're working.
3) Tie the clip swivel to the reel of kite string with the same knot.
3) When done filling, push helium out of the neck and close with a cable tie just below the balloon.
4) Release nozzle cable tie.
5) Fold the neck over onto itself and around the ring. Attach two more cable ties and pull tight.
6) Attach ring to the mooring point.
Test the valve, and lay the tank on the ground. Attach the regulator if one came with your tank (not pictured).
1) Pull the balloon neck through the ring.
2) Cable tie the balloon to the helium tank. The balloon neck may need to be folded and squeezed tight. Continue holding on to your balloon.
Double overhand knot:
Unless your balloon is moored, hold on!
Fill slowly, gushing helium can rip your balloon and make the tank dangerously cold.