The Vassar Content Management System (CMS) is used to update official websites at Vassar College managed by Communications. Each site is set up with access to update existing pages and documents, add new documents and pages, and post announcements. Send requests for access and questions to firstname.lastname@example.org. We typically set up only two people per site; most common are the chair/director and the administrative assistant. Faculty have access to update their own bios.
Before you begin
- We assume your account is already set up for you.
- We assume you have a computer with a modern web browser.
- If you are off campus you need to first sign in to the VPN. Instructions are available at:
What do you need to do?
You can update something that already exists on the site, or add something new – we’ll cover both of these in this guide. Here is what is covered in this tutorial:
- Logging In and a Tour of the CMS
- Editing a Page
- Creating a New Page
- Publishing Pages & Navigation
- Uploading and Adding a New File
- Updating/Replacing a File
- Linking to a File
- Creating an Announcement
- Faculty Bios
CMS User Guide