4. Express carpet and upholstery cleaning program
Step 1... Prepare for the job
It's time to get your gear ready. Make sure you have your...
• Spray and suck machine
• Hose carry bag (containing the All-In-One hose.)
• Tools (Carpet tool, stair tool, upholstery tool, tile cleaning tool.)
• Chemical kit
• Accessories (PPE and signage)
Step 2... Inspect the area
Take a moment to make yourself aware of any hazards and precautions you should take. This is also a great opportunity to come up with your cleaning plan.
• Is the area clear and safe?
• Is noise an issue in this area? Is now the best time to clean?
• Is there any extra dirty areas you will need to focus on?
• What can I do before I start to make my cleaning easier and more efficient?
• Come up with the cleaning plan. Start at the furthest point and work your way out towards your exit..
Step 3... Vacuum
A pre-vacuum of the area will remove the dust, dirt, hair, dead skin, fluff, cotton, allergens and other debris on the surface.
• Take note when vacuuming of any stains and extra dirty areas that may require special attention.
• Clear the area to give yourself a continuous run for when you start deep cleaning.
• The 'spray and suck' equipment is for deep extraction cleaning, not picking up dry dust and debris.
• Pre-vacuuming makes this process faster and easier improving overall cleanliness and hygiene.
Step 4... Position and setup
Fill the clean water tank.
• Using the onboard clean water tank filling hose, put enough water into the tank to do the area.
• Do not overfill as you will create extra work at the end of the job for yourself by having to empty it, and you will waste precious water.
• Use warm to hot water if available. Cold water is fine if that is all you have.
Position the machine and tooling in a safe and suitable position that reduces or eliminates the need to move it during cleaning. Ensure you:
• Are no further than 7 metres from power
• Face the machines exhaust away from walls and furniture