Applicant Eligibility Requirements:
- Applicant should be a Northern Kentucky resident, (residing in Boone, Campbell, or Kenton County); or work for a tree care company which operates in Northern Kentucky.
- Applicant must have a minimum of three years practical experience in arboriculture or a related field. A two year degree in arboriculture and two years of practical experience, or a four year degree in a relatedfield and one year of practical experience is also acceptable.
Recipient Commitment Requirements:- Recipient must complete examination successfully, within six months of approved application, before 50% reimbursement for examination fee and first-year membership is granted. All required materials for reimbursement must be submitted to the Council within 60 days of completion.
- Recipient must volunteer at least 10 hours of approved service to the Northern Kentucky Urban and Community Forestry Council within six months of receiving cost-share funds.
How Does the 50/50 Certified Arborist Cost - Share Work?
Applicant submits Cost-Share Application Within two months of submitting application:
- Applications are reviewed by Northern Kentucky Urban and Community Forestry Council- Preferred eligible candidates are interviewed by Council- Selected candidates are approved by Council- Approved candidates receive educational materials (valued at $100)
Within 6 months of approval:
- Approved cost-share candidates begin volunteering and logging a minimum of 10 hours of service to approved Northern Kentucky Urban and Community Forestry events. These include monthly council meetings, Reforest Northern Kentucky events, Municipal Arborist Training programs, and the Council’s Fall Gathering.
- Approved cost-share candidates consult with International Society for Arboriculture (ISA) to find a reasonable test location and register for test. This requires submitting an application to the ISA.
- Approved cost-share candidates begin studying for the ISA exam
- After ISA approval, approved cost-share candidate takes their scheduled exam
- Upon completion, approved cost-share candidates submit the following requested materials: proof of successful ISA Arborist Certification examination, completed, volunteer log, receipts for examination and first-year of ISA membership, to the Northern Kentucky Urban and Community Forestry Council.
All materials must be submitted within 60 days of completion. Within 60 days of receiving and approving cost-share applicant’s requested materials:
- Reimbursement for 50% of approved cost-share applicant’s expenses for Certified Arborist examination and first year ISA membership (approx $200) are issued by the Northern Kentucky Urban and Community Forestry Council.