Request edit access
Have you voiced your support for House Bills 4393 and 4389/4390?
Detroit Jews for Justice is working with People's Water Board to get a hearing on the following bills in the House of Representatives. Use this form to tell us about your communication with a Representative or a friend about passing these bills.
Shut-off Protections - House Bill 4393 (Chang)
- Institutes water shut-off protections for seniors, families with minor children, and those who are disabled.
- Provides for clearer notices for households at risk of being shut-off.
- Creates a low-income water assistance fund (similar to Michigan's statute to protect households from utility shut-offs).
Decriminalization - House Bills 4389/4390 (Chang/Garrett)
- Reduces penalty for individuals who reconnect their water service after being shut-off for an inability to pay.
- Currently the recommended sentence for re-connecting service is a five-year felony. The bills would change sentencing to a civil infraction for the first or second offense and a misdemeanor for the third offense.
Which Representative on the House Committee on Local Government did you contact and/or did you organize a friend to contact? Please select all that apply.
Chair: State Rep. James Lower, 70th District (R) - Montcalm County and Gratiot County
Julie Alexander, 64th District (R) - Jackson County
Roger Hauck, 99th District (R) - Isabella County and Midland County
Ben Frederick, 85th District (R) - Shiawasse County and Saginaw County
Gary Howell, 82nd District (R) - Lapeer County
Jim Runestad, 44th District (R) - Highland, White Lake, Springfield, Milford, Waterford
Kathy Crawford, 38th District (R) - Lyon, Northville, Novi, South Lyon, Walled Lake
Terry Sabo, 92nd District (D) - Muskegon
Jim Ellison, 26th District (D) - Royal Oak and Madison Heights
Patrick Green, 28th District (D) - Center Line and City of Warren
Jeremy Moss, 35th District (D) - Southfield, Lathrup Village, Beverly Hills, Bingham Farms, Franklin
Please elaborate on your or your friend's communication with that Representative. Include name of Representative, date contacted and their response (briefly).
The following Representatives introduced one or both of the bills. If your Representative was not included and you contacted them about co-sponsoring the bill(s), please describe that below. Include name of Representative, date contacted and their response (briefly).
House Bill 4393 (Chang): Chang, Love, Hammond, Pagan, Yanez, Neeley, Wittenberg, Moss, Sneller, Phelps, Geiss, Hoadley, Gay-Dagnogo, Rabhi, LaGrand, Ellison House Bills 4389/4390: Chang, Garrett (4389 only), Hammond (4390 only), Pagan, Yanez, Neeley, Wittenberg, Moss, Sneller, Howrylak, Phelps, Geiss, Hoadley, Gay-Dagnogo, Rabhi, LaGrand, Ellison
Do you have any other comments, questions or thoughts that relate to the campaign to get a hearing on these three House Bills?
Never submit passwords through Google Forms.
This content is neither created nor endorsed by Google.
Terms of Service