Culinary Arts Competition
2020 Theme: Hometown Hero (A Rose of New England).
Bake a pie that is inspired by a person or group that you consider a Rose of New England.
Competition Date: Saturday, June 27, 2020
Sign-up deadline: Saturday, June 20, 2020
Time: Drop-Off - BEFORE 1:00 pm
Judging - 2:00 pm
Awards - 2:30 pm
Location: Rose Arts Festival
Creative Competition Tent
Chelsea Parade Park
Norwich, Connecticut 06360
Cash Prizes! Open to all ages!
Each pie will be judged on the following, out of 100 possible points:
1-25 Points: Overall Appearance, Creativity
1-25 Points: Crust - Color, texture, flavor
1-25 Points: Filling - Consistency, texture, flavor
1-25 Points: Overall Taste, Creativity
Commemorative pie dishes and the following cash amounts will be awarded to winners:
1st Place - $125
2nd Place - $75
3rd Place - $50
Rules and Regulations:
1. Only non-professional pie bakers may enter the competition.
2. Please bring entries in disposable pie tins - pans will not be returned.
3. Each pie must be nine inches in diameter.
4. Pie crust must be homemade- pre-made crusts, mixes, or fillings are NOT allowed.
5. The filling must be fruit-based with the natural color. (Fruits may be combined if desired, for example, cherry, blueberry, apple, raspberry, or Apple-raspberry, etc.) No artificial coloring allowed.
6. Submit an index card with your entry listing the name of the pie and the recipe on the front and entrant’s name and contact information on the back.
6. To be eligible for awards, entries must be in place by 1:00 p.m.
7. Entries are limited to one (1) pie per entrant.
8. Failure to adhere to these rules will result in disqualification.
I acknowledge that I have read and will adhere to the rules and regulations of this competition.
Yes, I have read and will adhere to the rules and regulations of this competition.
No, I am disqualified.
Entry Title/Name and Short Description:
Youth Entries Only: Age, Parent/Guardian Name, Parent /Guardian Phone Number.
Thank you for your entry!
A copy of your responses will be emailed to the address you provided.
Never submit passwords through Google Forms.
This content is neither created nor endorsed by Google.
Terms of Service