Grade 3 Mathematics "Presidents' Test"
Directions: Read and answer each question carefully. For some questions, you need to refer to the "reference sheet" to answer.
1. Which expression could be used to find the total number of circles shown? (Refer to #1 on the reference sheets.)
A. 2 + 20
B. 2 x 20
C. 2 + 10
D. 2 x 10
2. Amar and his friends made a flag for their clubhouse. They divided the flag into equal sections and colored 3 of the sections gray. What fraction of the flag is gray? (Refer to #2 on the reference sheets.)
3. A tally chart shows the favorite seasons of Mr. Slater's students. Which picture graph correctly show the data? (Refer to #3 on the reference sheets.)
4. Nadia was working on a math problem. She was asked to shade parts of the figure so that 5/6 of the figure was shaded. What should Nadia do to complete the math problem? (Refer to #4 on the reference sheets.)
A. Nadia should shade two more parts of the figure.
B. Nadia should shad three more parts of the figure.
C. Nadia should shade four more parts of the figure.
D. Nadia should shade five more parts of the figure.
5. What is the area, in square units, of the shaded shape on the grid? (Refer to #5 on the reference sheets.)
6. The picture show that one box is heavier than 5 identical cans. The box has a mass, in kilograms, of 1 can? (Refer to #6 on the reference sheets.)
7. Mr. Stone asked each of his students to name one favorite hobby. He made a picture graph to display the data. Which table represents the same data as the picture graph? (See #7 on the reference sheets.)
8. Pedro left home this morning at the time shown on the clock. Tina left home 20 minutes after Pedro left. Carlos left home 18 minutes after Tina left. At what time did Carlos leave home this morning? (Refer to #8 on the reference sheets.)
A. 7:57 a.m.
B. 8:13 a.m.
C. 8:38 a.m.
D. 9:13 a.m.
9. The table shows the number of tickets for the school play that were sold each day. On which day does the number of tickets sold round to 300, when rounded to the nearest hundred? (Refer to #9 on the reference sheets.)
10. Which number sentence could also be used to find the missing number in the equation 10 x ______ = 60?
A. 60 x 10 = _____
B. 60 - 10 = _____
C. 60 + 10 = ______
D. 60 -:- 10 = _____
Never submit passwords through Google Forms.
This form was created inside of East Newark School District.
Terms of Service