Review of All Rights Protection Mechanisms (RPMs) in All gTLDs PDP Working Group - Phase 1 Initial Report - Public Comment Input Form
This Public Comment forum seeks community feedback on the Phase 1 Initial Report published by the Review of All Rights Protection Mechanisms (RPMs) in All gTLDs Policy Development Process (PDP) Working Group.
>>> IMPORTANT INSTRUCTIONS >>> PLEASE READ BEFORE PROCEEDING >>>
Please submit your public comments via this form only
If you are unable to use Google forms, alternative arrangements can be made. Please contact
You can review this entire form via its PDF and Word format
To facilitate off-line work, or for those who may not have access to the form, you can download a PDF or Word version of the form below:
There is no obligation to complete all sections within this form
Respond to as many or as few questions as desired. The only "mandatory" questions are those related to commenter's personal data in Section 1 and Section 2 of this form.
You may enter general comments in the last section (Section 11)
There is an opportunity to comment on the general content of this Initial Report and provide input that may not be tied to any specific items that the Working Group is seeking community input.
There is a limit of 2,000 characters (about 350-400 words) for each "comment box" question
In the event you reach the character limit, you may send an email to
, and the Working Group Support Staff will assist you and manually enter your responses.
To stop and save your work for later, you MUST (to avoid losing your work):
1. Provide your email address above in order to receive a copy of your submitted responses;
2. Click "Submit" at the end of the Google Form (the last question on every page allows you to quickly jump to the end of the Google Form to submit);
3. After you click "Submit," you will receive an email to the above-provided email address; within the email, click the "Edit Response" button at top of the email;
4. After you click the "Edit Response" button, you will be directed to the Google Form to return and complete;
5. Repeat the above steps 2-4 every time you wish to quit the form and save your progress.
When the commenter hits the “Submit” button, all submitted comments will be displayed publicly via an automatically-generated Google Spreadsheet
Note: Email addresses provided by commenters will not be displayed.
The final date of the Public Comment forum is 23:59 UTC on 27 April 2020
This form will be closed by 23:59 UTC on 27 April 2020. Any comments received after that date/time will not be reviewed/discussed by the Working Group.
Other Important Instructions
• This is a standard format for collecting public comment. It seeks to:
-- Clearly link comments to specific sections of the Initial Report
-- Encourage commenters to provide reasoning or rationale for their opinions
-- Enable the sorting of comment so that the Working Group can more easily read all the comments on any one topic
• You can easily navigate from section to section in the form. There is a table of contents below so that you can “fast forward” to the desired section by hitting “next” at the bottom of each section.
• Since some of the preliminary recommendations and questions for community input are related, they are placed next to each other for easy reference. In addition, some of the questions for community input have been divided into multi-part questions so that feedback on these questions would be clear.
• Please click the link contained in the Google Form to read the details and context of each preliminary recommendation, community question, and individual proposal.
• Your comments should take into account scope of the PDP Working Group Phase 1 work as described by the Charter.
• It is important that your comments include rationale. The Working Group is interested in your reasoning so that the conclusions reached and the issues discussed by the team can be tested against the reasoning of others. This is much more helpful than comments that simply “agree” or “disagree”.
• Where applicable, you are encouraged to reference sections in the report for ease of the future review by the Working Group.
Table of Contents
Section 1: Email Address, Important Instructions, Table of Contents
Section 2: Consent & Authorization
Section 3: URS Preliminary Recommendations & Community Questions
Section 4: TMCH Preliminary Recommendation
Section 5: Sunrise Service Preliminary Recommendations & Community Questions
Section 6: Trademark Claims Service Preliminary Recommendations & Community Questions
Section 7: TM-PDDRP Preliminary Recommendation
Section 8: URS Individual Proposals (Non-Recommendations)
Section 9: TMCH Individual Proposals (Non-Recommendations)
Section 10: Overarching Charter Questions
Section 11: Other Comments & Submission
Page 1 of 11
Never submit passwords through Google Forms.
This form was created inside of external.icann.org.