Categories for the Friend of Conservation Award are: Corporate, Nonprofit/Government, and Individual. One winner from each category will be recognized at the 2020 Conservation Awards Luncheon during the 77th Annual Conference of Indiana Soil and Water Conservation Districts at the Indianapolis Marriott Downtown on January 14, 2020.
Rules for the 2019 Friend of Conservation award application are as follows. Please read carefully.
1. Please complete this form by September 6, 2019.
2. Nominees: Those nominated for this award must have made a positive contribution to soil and water conservation efforts, particularly in their public outreach and education work. Conservation programs or projects the nominees have been involved in may be local, regional or statewide in nature. They may be nominated for a single project or for contributions made to multiple conservation projects over time. Results are important and must be adequately detailed in the application under the narrative sections.
3. Submission: Nominations may be completed by an individual, business, organization, or agency. The application, however, must be submitted with the approval of the local Soil and Water Conservation District (SWCD) office with a typed signature from a SWCD supervisor on the application (last page) signifying the District’s review and approval. The local SWCD will then submit the application to IASWCD. SWCDs may only submit one application. The application is due to IASWCD by September 6, 2019.
4. Support material: Support material may be emailed to email@example.com or sent via USPS. These supporting documents must be received by September 6, 2019. If mailed, send to "Friend of Conservation for (Nominee’s Name)", IASWCD, 225 S. East St., Ste. 740, Indianapolis, IN, 46202. It is up to the individual or organization submitting support material to confirm receipt.
5. Signature on the application: A typed signature from a Supervisor of the local Soil and Water Conservation District (SWCD) is required in the signature line of the application. This will serve as verification that at least one District supervisor has reviewed the application and approves it. Applications without a SWCD Supervisor signature typed in the appropriate box will not be considered for the state award.
6. The Friend of Conservation award will be presented at the 2020 Annual Conference in January in three (3) categories: Corporate, Nonprofit/Government and Individual. We strongly encourage the award winners to attend and be honored at the Awards Luncheon at conference on January 14, 2020.
7. Additional consideration will be given to those corporations, individuals or nonprofits/government entities whose project or accomplishment involved partnering with a local Soil and Water Conservation District in Indiana.