You’re here because Three Chord Bourbon’s perfectly tuned taste struck achord with you.
Now it’s time to show your stuff and become a Three Chord Bourbon Ambassador.Reading our information and fun facts will set you on your way to becoming aThree Chord Bourbon Ambassador.
Complete the Ambassador quiz and you’ll receive an official Three ChordBourbon Ambassador Certificate and T-shirt.
Thank you...start striking the Three Chord with your friends.
* Our mash bill is 75% corn, 21% rye and 4% malted barley. We are considered a medium-high rye bourbon.
* Our process creates a bourbon of defined balance. Three Chord Bourbon’s nose of maple syrup and vanilla gives way to a pleasing spice featuring dried citrus with a smooth, refined finish and just a mild “hug”!
* Bourbon’s grain mix (mash bill) must be made from at least 51% corn. Other commonly used grains are rye, wheat and barley.
* Distilled to no more than 160 proof.
* Aged at least three months in new charred oak containers (barrel).
* Enters the container (barrel) at no more than 125 proof.
* Bottled at 80 proof or more.
* Straight bourbon must be aged a minimum of two years.
* Any bourbon aged below four years must have an age statement on the bottle.
* Over its lifetime in the barrel, up to three gallons of whiskey can soak into the wood staves of the barrel, this is the “Devil’s Cut”.
* Alcohol evaporates at about 172 degrees and water evaporates at about 212 degrees.
* The barrel’s higher in the Rack House age faster than the barrels at the bottom of the Rack House.
* Anywhere from 4%-6% of the whiskey is lost each year due to evaporation - this is called the “Angel’s Share”.
* A 50,000 Barrel Rack House holds about two million gallons of bourbon.
* The standard bourbon barrel holds 53 gallons of whiskey.
* Rye whiskeys adhere to the same laws as bourbon, however they must be at least 51% rye (bourbon must be 51% corn).