Student Permission Form & Chromebook USE Agreement
Vanguard Academy Charter School has implemented Google one to one and Google Apps for Education Initiatives. A one to one initiative has the primary goal of providing each student with their own computing device and Google account for learning.
Google Apps for Education (GAFE) are Google applications that have been designed to use as tools for productivity and enhance education. All Google applications and accounts are not within the computer but are available online and any files created are stored in the cloud. All Vanguard students have access to the following apps: Google Mail, Google Calendar, Google Docs, Google Drive, and Google Classroom. Our students will also have unlimited storage available through Google Drive to store their projects and assignments.
Responsible Use Guidelines
Students are expected to adhere to the Vanguard Academy Charter School Acceptable Use Policy and the student code of conduct. This policy requires productive, efficient, ethical and legal utilization of all technology resources which cover devices, apps, and stored files.
All students must adhere to the following: Absolutely no cyber bullying, inappropriate language, personal insults, profanity, hacking, spam or threatening comments will be tolerated. All students must protect their login and password information. Copyrighted material that is not cited as student-created work will be deemed as plagiarism and the student will be disciplined accordingly.
Vanguard Academy Charter School maintains the right to terminate the access and use of a student’s Google account and/or chromebook device if there is reason to believe that violations of law or school policies have occurred. The alleged violation will be directed to the campus principal and addressed accordingly
NOTE: Violations of the Acceptable Use Policy will result in disciplinary consequences.
Required Insurance for all chromebooks assigned to students.
Insurance covering mechanical and accidental damage to the device must be purchased from Securranty Inc with a cost of only $21.95 per year. Parents will be responsible for registering, paying for insurance, and submitting claims via a link through our website. The insurance covers the entire cost of the device with no deductible. Vanguard Academy staff will be available if assistance is needed for securing device insurance. Information on how to register the device will be located in our website at www.vanguardacademy.education.
CHROMEBOOK STUDENT USE AGREEMENT
• Terms: in exchange for the right to use Vanguard Charter School Property, you must comply at all times with the Vanguard Charter School Student Code of Conduct and the Technology Acceptable Use Policy, herein by reference and made a part hereof for all purposes. Any failure to comply may terminate your rights of possession effective immediately; thereby, the District may repossess the property.
• Title: Your right of possession and use is limited to and Conditioned upon your full and complete compliance with this Chromebook Agreement and the Vanguard Academy Charter School Student Code of Conduct and Technology Acceptable Use Policy.
• Loss or Damage: If the property is damaged, lost or stolen, you are responsible for the reasonable cost of repair or replacement. Insurance is required for devices assigned to students and taken home.
• Loss or theft of the property must be reported to the District Immediately and a police report regarding the loss or theft must be filed.
• Repossession: If you do not fully comply with all terms of this Chromebook Usage Agreement including the timely return of the property, the Vanguard Academy Charter School District shall be entitled to terminate your rights of possession of the property and physically retrieve the property. The District may also take possession of the property at your place of residence, or other location of the property, of cause a third party, such as law enforcement, if required, to take possession of the property.
• Term of Agreement: Unless earlier terminated by the District, your right to use and possession of this property shall terminate the date of your withdrawal from the school district.
• Appropriation: Your failure to timely return the property and the continued use of it for non-school purposes without the District's consent may be considered unlawful appropriation of the District's property and repossession. Efforts as stated above may be processed including notice to law enforcement for the unauthorized appropriation of the property.
I have reviewed and understood these procedures and give permission for my son/daughter to use Google Apps for Education. By doing so, | agree to enforce acceptable use when my son/daughter is off-district property and i expect staff to enforce acceptable use when my son/daughter is at school. My son/daughter and l agree to abide by the Google Chromebook Vanguard policy and procedures for use of electronic communication systems and Google Apps for Education.
I agree to the stipulations set forth in the Vanguard Academy Charter School one to one Chromebook Policy and Acceptable use Policy: