2018 MOSEY DATES:Saturday May 12, 2018Saturday June 2, 2018Saturday July 14, 2018Saturday August 11, 2018Saturday September 1, 2018
Set Up: 4:30PMVendor Registration Opens at the Friends of Downtown booth in front of Lafayette Brewing Company at 4:30PM**VENDORS MUST CHECK-IN PRIOR TO SETTING UP !! **All Cars Off Street 5:45PMMosey Begins: 6:00PMMosey Ends: 11:00PMTear Down: 11PM to midnight
TYPE OF APPROVED MOSEY VENDORS:Here is a list of the 4 types of vendors that are eligible to apply to vend at Mosey.
Food Vendors will be located in a "Food Court" between 9th and 10th Streets. The Arts & Crafts, Local Businesses, and Not-for-Profit Vendors will be located between 6th & 9th, and 10th & 11th Streets. The Friends of Downtown Booth will have a map and list of all Vendors each month and can help you find your favorite Vendors!Vendors will be assigned a specific location each month and when you check in, your location will be reviewed with you to make sure there are no misunderstandings.I will try to keep you in the same spot, but DO NOT ASSUME that you will be in the same location each month!**CHECK-IN IS MANDATORY**
CLASSIFICATION GUIDE AND PRICING
1. Non Profit 501(c)3/Kids Craft and Demonstrations/Community GroupsFor groups who have non-profit status or community groups. Please supply us with proof of your 501(c)3 Status. We ask that you make your best attempt to add to the fair flavor through games or other visitor interaction, preferably for children. These booths are solely meant to promote outreach. The specific charity, cause and/or non-profit organization name MUST be prominently displayed. These groups are allowed to sell items at their booth but ONLY for the purpose of raising money for their charity. Any money earned from items sold by 501(c)3 groups must be for the Organization and not for personal gain. ALL money raised must go to that cause. All items must be approved.10’X10’ = 1 BOOTH SPACELOCATION: Between 6th & 9th, and 10th & 11th StreetsELECTRICITY is not guaranteed or the responsibility of the Mosey Organizers.FEE: NO CHARGE
2. Arts and Crafts Vendor (AC):HAND MADE ITEMS ONLY! If you did not make these items by hand you will be put into the category of "Local Business" and charged the fee for Local Businesses.10’X10’ = 1 BOOTH SPACELOCATION: Between 6th & 9th, and 10th & 11th StreetsELECTRICITY is not guaranteed or the responsibility of the Mosey Organizers.FEE: IF PAYING BEFORE the 1st Mosey: $20.00/space per Mosey, or with 1 space, $80.00 for all 5 Moseys (MUST PAY IN FULL BEFORE 1ST MOSEY TO RECEIVE DISCOUNT)IF PAYING AFTER the May Mosey, the Fee is $30/space per Mosey.
3. Locally Owned Business (LB):Locally owned businesses are allowed to participate. This applies to any regular business, or booths with items that were NOT handmade by the Vendor, or to various types of franchise operations (ie: Origami Owl, LuLaRoe, Avon, etc.)10’X10’ = 1 BOOTH SPACELocation: Between 6th & 9th, and 10th & 11th StreetsELECTRICITY is not guaranteed or the responsibility of the Mosey Organizers.FEE: IF PAYING BEFORE the 1st Mosey: $30.00/space per Mosey, or with 1 space, $120.00 for all 5 Moseys (MUST PAY IN FULL BEFORE 1ST MOSEY TO RECEIVE DISCOUNT)IF PAYING AFTER the May Mosey, the Fee is $40/space per MoseyLocally owned chain stores will be evaluated on an individual basis to determine if they are a right fit for the Moseys.
4. Food Vendors*ANY LICENSED FOOD VENDOR can apply to be in the Mosey.10’X10’ = 1 REGULAR BOOTH SPACE25'’X10’ = 1 TRAILER BOOTH SPACE (in order to accommodate most Food Trailers) If your trailer is longer than 25’, please contact Mosey Vendor Coordinator for price of booth space.ELECTRICITY is not guaranteed or the responsibility of the Mosey Organizers.Location: Food Vendors will be strategically placed by Mosey Organizers in the new "FOOD COURT" area between 9th and 10th streets.FEE: IF PAYING BEFORE the 1st Mosey: $30.00/ REGULAR space per Mosey, or with 1 REGULAR space, $120.00 for all 5 Moseys (MUST PAY IN FULL BEFORE 1ST MOSEY TO RECEIVE DISCOUNT)IF PAYING AFTER the May Mosey, the Fee is $40/ Regular Space per Mosey.$60.00/ TRAILER space per Mosey with 1 TRAILER space, $240.00 for all 5 Moseys (MUST PAY IN FULL BEFORE 1ST MOSEY TO RECEIVE DISCOUNT)IF PAYING AFTER the May Mosey, the Fee is $70.00/ Trailer Space per Mosey.
* You MUST submit all necessary vending documents to the Health Department, and to the Mosey Vendor Coordinator BEFORE the Mosey to participate. * Failure to do so will result in closure of booth with no refund.
Exceptions:Local Main Street Restaurant/Business Owners wanting to use their sidewalk may do so by filling out the application below. There is no fee. * Failure to fill out the form and/or contact the Mosey Vendor Coordinator with your intent to set up in front of your business may result in another Vendor booth being placed in front of your business.
Other Important Notes:1. ANY NASTY OR UNACCEPTABLE BEHAVIOR TOWARD OTHER VENDORS OR THE PUBLIC WILL RESULT IN IMMEDIATE REMOVAL FROM THE MOSEY BY SECURITY, and a chance of not being able to participate in any future Moseys.2. Items sold must be "family friendly"3. NO REFUNDS WILL BE GIVEN DUE TO WEATHER CONDITIONS OR CANCELLED MOSEYS4. We do not supply or arrange electricity for Vendors, but there are plug-ins along the Street in many places from the new Streetscape.5. Generators FOR FOOD VENDORS IN THE FOOD COURT ARE ALLOWED with special approval from Mosey Organizers and acceptance will depend on placement of booth and generator. * Failure comply will result in closure of booth with no refund.
Regarding DOGS at the Mosey:1. ONLY WELL-BEHAVED, and WELL SOCIALIZED DOGS with RESPONSIBLE DOG OWNERS will be allowed at the Moseys.2. ALL DOGS must be kept on a leash or be kept in a corral or crated AT ALL TIMES..3. OWNERS MUST pick up after their dog, and must bring poop bags with them if they bring their dog. 4. If caught NOT picking up after your dog, you will be BANNED from bringing a dog to ALL FUTURE MOSEYS. NO EXCEPTIONS!5. IF YOUR DOG GROWLS OR BARKS AT ANY PERSON OR ANY OTHER DOG, OR ACTS AGGRESSIVE IN ANY MANNER, YOU MUST REMOVE YOUR DOG FROM THE MOSEY IMMEDIATELY! NO EXCEPTIONS!
Mosey Application Process:Step 1: Fill out the Application BelowStep 2: If you are accepted you will be alerted by the email address you provided in your application. If you are not accepted, you will also be notified. Accepted participants will receive the official 2018 Vendor Packet. Step 3: Turn in your contract (page 6 of the Vendor Packet) and payment to the Vendor Coordinator or mailbox at Friends of Downtown Office (512 Main Street, Lafayette, IN 47901)Step 4: Show up at the Mosey and CHECK IN at Vendor Registration to pick up maps, check your location, and ask any questions.Step 5: Go to your assigned Vending Location and set-up.
QUESTIONS:Please contact our Mosey Vending Coordinator, Cyndi Bodin, at the Friends of Downtown Office (512 Main Street/Lafayette/IN/47901), by calling (765) 423-2550, or email firstname.lastname@example.org