Call for DRFF Workshops 2020
Workshop proposals for the Deaf Rochester Film Festival 2020 are now being accepted and will be reviewed by the Deaf Rochester Film Festival Committee (DRFF 2020) in early January 2020. The workshops will be held at different places in Rochester, New York on APRIL 14 - 18 2020.
DRFF 2020 strongly encourages emerging ﬁlmmakers, directors, and writers from diverse production companies and organizations to submit workshop proposals for the thriving Deaf ﬁlmmaking community in Rochester, New York.
PROPOSAL DEADLINE: January 15, 2020
NOTIFICATION OF ACCEPTANCE: January 30, 2020
DRFF 2020 will email all candidates their results. Schedule for workshops will be posted on the website on March 2020.
If you have any questions or require accommodations, please contact Jeanne Behm, DRFF 2020 Workshop Chair,
DRFF 2020 is particularly interested in workshops addressing one of the following topics listed below. In addition, DRFF 2020 will consider other topics that are relevant to state-of-the-art Deaf ﬁlm culture.
1) Critical Approaches & Challenges: Theory, Methodology, Philosophy, Aesthetics, & Trends in Deaf Cinema
2) Social Justice & Other Aspects of Deaf Filmmaking
3) Technology uses / Technique Approaches through Deaf Lens
4) New Media and Social Media Uses for the signing communities
5) Themes, Subjects, & Deaf Characters in Films
6) Challenges Filmmakers Are Tackling:
- grants & crowdfunding
- script development
7) Critical Assessment of Film:
- Can be ﬁlm scene analysis, historical events storytelling
Never submit passwords through Google Forms.
This content is neither created nor endorsed by Google.
Terms of Service