July 31st Racial Affinity Groups Kickoff Workshop - STOP CAUSING HARM IN EQUITY WORK: RACIAL AFFINITY GROUPS IN SCHOOLS (Why do we need racial affinity groups? What do they look/sound/feel like in action?)
- Use a research-based framework and other equity-based resources to understand and discuss how racial identity development influences our beliefs and behaviors as educators;
- Actively participate in a supportive space for healing, reflection, learning, and personal connections;
- Experience how racial affinity work serves as an essential strategy for working toward antiracism in our schools; and
- Begin thinking about how to start supporting racial affinity spaces in your context
Dates/Times: July 31st, 2021 from 9:30-1:30 PT (12:30-4:30 ET) - This 4 hour workshop also includes an additional 2 hours of asynchronous work, and is a prerequisite for our year-long racial affinity course.
Cost: $120 per person ($100 each for teams of 5 or more)
- Classroom/School/District Leaders and/or Teams
- Anyone committed to engaging in critical reflection, inquiry and dialogue about race
If you have any questions, please email Jen Benkovitz,
or Joe Truss,
Please provide us with your registration information below.
First name of participant
Last name of participant
Preferred email address for participant
Role of participant
Name of school/organization
Name of district (N/A if this does not apply)
Racial identity (this helps us plan for racial affinity work so that groups have a shared racial identity)
Are you registering an individual or a group?
Individual ($120 each)
Team of 5 or more ($100 each)
I am attending as part of a team, but payment is being provided by another member of the team.
Never submit passwords through Google Forms.
This form was created inside of The Leadership Collaborative.