Monash SEED 2020 Programs Officer Recruitment Form
Monash SEED (Socio-Economic Engagement and Development) is a socially minded student-run organisation at the Clayton campus of Monash University that seeks to provide students with the opportunity to engage in social impact through Events or Programs. We hope to provide students with the opportunity to gain exposure to careers in social impact and contribute to domestic and international projects.
Applications will be reviewed on a rolling basis, so get your applications in quickly!
The Programs team is responsible for managing, running and conceptualising a variety of programs to educating and inspiring students to engage in social impact. The team is subdivided into two more teams: Incubator and Competitions. These programs are centred around Microfinance and Social Enterprise. With these programs, we hope to bring a high level of discovery and engagement to passionate students.
We are seeking self-driven, ambitious and passionate students who want to help deliver SEED’s “Incubator” Program. This program is a pre-accelerator designed to EQUIP students with the skills needed to develop their own social enterprises. It also aims to EMPOWER and EDUCATE students on the capacity of social enterprises and businesses to create social impact. Tasks include organising workshops, sourcing and communicating with workshop facilitators, recruitment of program participants and organisation of the “Pitch Night”, the culmination of the Incubator Program.
We are also seeking motivated, passionate and determined students to help manage SEED’s Competitions. SEED has two planned competitions: one in Semester 1 and one in Semester 2. The Semester 1 Competition is a multidisciplinary pitching competition with a focus on international development. The Semester 2 Competition is the Global Microfinance Case Competition, jointly run with Melbourne Microfinance Initiative (MMI) and a variety of the best universities in Australia and New Zealand. Tasks include organising workshops, recruitment of participants, organisation of the Case Rounds and communication with MMI.
Applicants must be able to work both independently and as part of a team, be self-motivated and have excellent verbal and written communication skills. Experience in event organisation is preferred, however not necessary.
Responsibilities and Requirements
- Demonstrate the capacity and enthusiasm to commit 3-5 hours per week.
- Able to attend weekly meetings and SEED events to assist where necessary.
- 6-12 month commitment (12 months preferable)
- Assist with the organisation, facilitation and creation of programs that inspire and equip students to create a positive impact in their future endeavours.
- Regular communication with the Director of Programs and team members.
- Value documentation, flexibility, commitment and a supportive team environment.
- Have strong time management, communication and interpersonal skills.
- Express creativity, innovation and a passion for social justice.
- Must be a Monash University student.
If you have any questions, please reach out to Ben at
Page 1 of 3
Never submit passwords through Google Forms.
This form was created inside of Monash SEED.