Grammar Police - Promotions Test 2020
If you'd like to apply to become a Grammar Police Sergeant, complete the form below. No prior qualifications or experience are required.
Take great care; a single mistake will result in your application being rejected.
Your results will be available immediately after you submit your answers.
1. Which of these sentences is punctuated accurately?
"Do you like my new shirt?", asked the man.
"Do you like my new shirt"? asked the man.
"Do you like my new shirt?" asked the man.
2. Which pronoun would correctly complete the following sentence? 'Donald and ___ will be going to the cinema later - would you like to join us?'
3. Which punctuation mark could be inserted into the space in the following sentence? 'Girls Aloud were formed in 2002 ____ they had 21 UK Top 10s before splitting in 2012.'
4. Which homophone belongs in the space in the following sentence? 'The more I _________, the less nervous I was about the test.'
5. How many of the apostrophes in the sign above should be there?
6. Look at the punctuation in the following sentence, and decide which of the statements below is true. 'Billie stayed at her parents' house all summer.'
Billie's house belongs to one parent.
Billie's house belongs to more than one parent.
7. Which of the sentences below is accurately punctuated?
The rat chewed its own tail.
The rat chewed it's own tail.
8. What is the error in the following sentence? 'I enjoyed spending time with my family at Christmas, I'm not sure they felt the same way, however!'
There isn't an error.
There is a comma splice.
It should start with 'me' and not 'I'.
'Christmas' doesn't need a capital letter.
9. Which word would make the following sentence make sense? 'The more effort you put into your studies, the bigger the _____ on your results.'
10. How many apostrophes are missing from the following sentence? 'Im afraid I cant support you this time; its more effort than its worth, and your application needs to succeed or fail on its own merits.'
Complete this section carefully. Results will be emailed as soon as you click submit, and certificates will be issued to lucky applicants after the closing date.
What's your first name?
What's your surname?
Which group are you in?
Check your timetable if you're unsure. If you're not currently a student at Lutterworth College/SFWSS, click 'None of the above.'
I'm a member of staff.
None of the above.
What's your email address?
Type this very carefully... Remember that you attend a COLLEGE, not a COLLAGE.
Page 1 of 1
Never submit passwords through Google Forms.
This content is neither created nor endorsed by Google.
Terms of Service