SSCE CIVIC EDUCATION 2019
This testing is designed for the accessibility of blind/visually impaired persons. If you agree blind/visually impaired input your email to continue the test practice.
6. Orderliness can be exhibited in the following ways except
A. Observing the traffic light.
B. Queuing culture.
C. Decorum behaviour.
D. Interrupting an individual.
7. Which of the following is a way of achieving responsible parenthood?
1. Fundamental rights are literally the rights that one can enjoy because one is
A. an individual
B. a human being
C. a citizen
D. an educated elite
4. A limitation to the exercise of human rights is
2. Which of the following nationalists is associated with democratic socialism?
A. Ahmadu Bello
B. Tafawa Balewa
C. Anthony Enahoro
D. Obafemi Awolowo
8. A citizen is someone who
A. holds a chieftaincy title in the country
B. is a legal member of the country
C. has lived in the country for a long time
D. is a staunch supporter of the country’s development.
3. When a person is being fair, impartial and reasonable in dealing with others, such person is said to be
5. which of the following is not among the sources of authority?
C. rational legal.
9. Incidences of broken home and irresponsible parenthood are the major causes of the following except.
A. Unhealthy growth
B. Armed robbery
10. Citizenship education will not help to achieve which of the following?
A. National unity
B. Education of the youth
C. Moral decadence
D. Promoting democracy
Use the story below to answer questions 11 to 13.
One fateful morning, Imasuen was going to school. A few distance away from the school gate, he saw an accident victim writhing in severe pain by the road side.
The accident victim was hit by a motorcycle rider and left half-dead. Although Imasuen was already late for school, he decided to convey the victim to a nearby hospital before reporting the matter to a nearby police station.
17. The process of acquisition of necessary skills by young people for national development is known as
18. The Federal Road Safety Corps (FRSC) carries out all these functions except
A. construction of motorable roads
B. effective patrol operation
C. inspection of vehicles
D. prompt rescue mission
23. Which of the following is a punitive measure against cultism?
A. Counselling and enlightenment in school
B. A true and sincere religious inculcation
C. Arrest and prosectution of suspects
D. Good parental responsibility and care
14. Nationalism is a product of all the following features except
A. cultural similarity
B. social complexity
C. shared interest
D. historical association
22. Being faithful in marriage can greatly assist to prevent
A. unhealthy growth
D. HIV infection
20. Membership of an organization that is characterized by secrecy of operations is associated with
19. The inalienable entitlements of an individual in a society are known as
A. basic necessities
B. natural justice
C. fundamental freedom
D. human rights
16. The drug usually referred to as marijuana is
21. The inability of citizens of a country to freely elect their leader is a threat to
11. From the story above, it could be said that Imasuen have demonstrated
B. fair play
15. Trafficked individuals are likely to have been
A. corrupt and greedy
B. Traumatized and stigmatized
C. dangerous and heartless
D. hardworking and courageous
13. The behaviour of Imasuen in the story above can help promote all the following except.
B. Peaceful coexistence
12. The behaviour of the motorcycle rider in the above story depicts
B. Unruly attitude
D. aggressive behaviour.
Screen Reader Users Please Note
Question 24 has been omitted because it is based on interaction with an image
27. Trafficked children are likely to experience all the following except
C. forced labour
D. unwanted pregnancy
25. Authorized road users include the following except.
B. bicycle riders
C. roller skaters
D. tricycle riders
26. Which of the following is not a function of the judicial arm of government?
A. Implementation of the law
B. Pronouncement of punishment
C. Adjudication of cases
D. Interpretation of the law
28. Which of the following is not a way of promoting national consciousness?
A. Inter-school debate
B. Multicultural education
C. Sporting festivals
D. Compensatory mechanism
29. The totality of legislative, executive and judicial power constitutes
Use the passage below to answer questions 30 and 31
Ate and Ube are two towns that have lived peacefully in the past years. Last year, they met and decided to build a hospital and raised funds towards the project. Everyone played his/her part to see that the completion of the project becomes a reality. The project was completed within six months.
37. Which of the following is not a consequence of human trafficking?
A. Relative deprivation
B. Violation of rights
C. Discontentment of individuals
D. Family bonding and reunion
31. The relationship that existed between Ate and Ubc towns would lead to all the following except
A. promotion of harmony
C. stunted development
D. achievement of goals
33. What do human traffickers use to instil fear into their victims?
34. The origin of democracy is traced to the
40. Human rights are the cornerstones of
38. The principle of rule of law is upheld in the society in order to
A. protect the citizens from arbitrary rule
B. Accord immunity to the president
C. preserve customs and traditions of the society
D. encourage mass literacy and prosperity
32. Which of the following categories of students will not likely be a major target of campus cult member recruitment?
A. Proud children from wealthy homes
B. Students with influential parents
C. Bold and morally upright children
D. Wayward and fun-loving students
41. In order to guarantee transparency and accountability in governance, leaders should ensure that
A. constitutionalism thrives
B. the judiciary is supervised
C. immunity covers government officials
D. trials should be held in secret.
36. Which of the following is not a feature of a federal constitution?
A. Division of powers
B. Supremacy of the constitution
C. Flexibility of the constitution
D. Written constitution
35. Which of the following skills is needed for youth empowerment?
A. Cross-curricula skills
B. Non-cognitive skills
C. Manipulative skills
D. Transversal skills
30. What existed between Ate and Ube towns can best be termed
39. Constitutional democracy is also known as -
B. limited government
D. autocratic government
Question 42 has been omitted because it contains a diagram.
43. Political apathy can be discouraged through
A. voter’s registration
B. registration of more political parties
C. support of government policies
D. free and fair elections
Use the write-up below to answer questions 44 to 46.
Seven months ago, the people of Okiti town were seen in a large numbers staging a peaceful protest against the nonchalant attitude of the provincial government concerning the provision of social amenities in the area.
Some government officials came around and listened to their grievances. Today, things have changed for the better in Okiti town. There is a great improvement in infrastructural development, and the people of the town are now feeling the presence of government in their town.
47. Democracy could be described as a form of government in which people
A. develop interest in good governance
B. produce sound political manifesto for national development
C. Participate in the decision making process.
D. Contribute to political liberation.
49. Which of the following principles prohibits public servants from being seen or heard in the public?
45. Which of the following is not portrayed in the write-up above?
A. The importance of decentralization
B. Government responsiveness
C. Intra-govemmental relations
D. Freedom of expression
48. Which of the following is a focus of the activities of civil society?
C. Position seeking
D. Policy Implementation
44. Which of the following is the consequence of government's initial attitude towards Okiti community?
50. Which of he following is a consequence of political apathy?
A. Unrest and secession in the country
B. Emmergence of incompetent leaders
C. Lack of foreign direct investment
D. Frequent military intervention.
46. From the above write-up. the action of Okiti people received prompt government attention because of the
A. existence of democratic governance
B. need to support minority groups
C. need to reward patriotic citizens
D. election that was fast approaching
Page 1 of 1
This content is neither created nor endorsed by Google.
Terms of Service