Canadian Showtime Chorus New Member Drive Registration Form
Canadian Showtime Chorus® is a competitive women’s singing group, specializing in 4-part a cappella singing in the barbershop style. Barbershop is “the blackbelt of a cappella singing” according to the producer of the Pitch Perfect Trilogy, and a cappella guru, Deke Sharon.
A chartered member of Sweet Adelines International (SAI), Canadian Showtime Chorus, a competitive singing group, ranks in the top 18 of more than 500 choruses worldwide and was the 2018 Region 16 Chorus Champion competing in New Orleans, Louisiana, in Fall 2019.
Although we have not been able to meet in person during 2020, we continue to rehearse, sing, and learn, and have found innovative and engaging ways to use Zoom to build our skills and keep our music alive. When we resume in-person rehearsals, we gather at the Nepean Creative Arts Centre located at 35 Stafford Road in Nepean, Ontario.
We are holding open auditions for our 6-week New Member Program that will run from January 19 to February 23, 2021 inclusive (specifically, 7:00 p.m. EST on Tuesdays, January 19 and 26; February 2, 9, 16 and 23).
Interested? Here are the next steps!
1. Complete and submit this Registration Form.
2. We’d like to hear your voice! Further instructions will be provided following receipt of your registration.
3. Next, you’ll meet with some of our Music Team online, before or during the first rehearsal night.
4. Then, when you join us for the first night of the program, you will hear our style of music, participate in our rehearsal, learn about chorus life, and meet with members of the Canadian Showtime Chorus Team.
5. We will be in touch after the rehearsal to let you know if Canadian Showtime is a good fit for you. If all goes well, you will be invited to participate in the following 5 weeks of the program and you will learn which vocal section suits you best.
If you have any questions, contact Carol at
We’re looking forward to meeting you!
Watch the following to get a taste of our chorus performance at the 2019 International competition!
First and Last Name
Where are you located? (ie City, Province)
Are you :
18 & Over
Name and phone number of your parent or guardian (if under 18)
How did you learn about Canadian Showtime Chorus? (Select all that apply)
Ad or poster
Chorus member or friend (word of mouth)
If you heard about us from a chorus member or friend, please provide their name below.
Why are you interested in joining Canadian Showtime Chorus?
Tell us why singing appeals to you?
If you are currently, or were previously, part of a choir / chorus / singing group, please provide group name(s) below.
If you have had prior experience with a singing group, what part did you sing? (ex lead, soprano, alto, bass, etc...)
Never submit passwords through Google Forms.
This content is neither created nor endorsed by Google.
Terms of Service