Call for Proposals - Northern & Southern Recharge Workshops
Utah Afterschool Network (UAN) provides quality professional learning opportunities to enhance the skills and knowledge of staff and educators working in afterschool programs throughout the state. "Afterschool" includes any program offering enrichment and academic opportunities that operate during non-school hours, such as before school, after school and summer break, serving youth ages 5-18 years old. The development of quality afterschool professionals is an imperative part of fostering youth success and providing effective, engaging, and sustainable afterschool programs.
Presenters come from a myriad of backgrounds, providing a variety of workshop topics specific to the needs of youth development and afterschool programming. We invite you to propose an interactive presentation that will expand the knowledge and skills of attendees and leave them with fresh ideas to implement in their programs. UAN values your knowledge and expertise and appreciates your interest in presenting.
Southern Recharge will be held on February 8, 2020 in St. George, Utah. Northern Recharge will be held on February 29, 2020 in Salt Lake City, Utah. The overall theme for both training events is "Shaping the Future."
1. All sessions run concurrently with other sessions in 60 minute blocks.
2. Sessions should use a lively and interactive format that will facilitate networking among participants.
3. Sessions should provide opportunities for meaningful engagement in which the audience is stimulated and empowered to take action in their work with youth.
4. UAN will provide projectors, audio, and a training app which can be used to provide participants with handouts and copies of slides. Any other materials required for the presentation are the responsibility of the presenter.
5. For returning presenters: If you are interested in presenting a session that you have previously given at a UAN conference or workshop, please be mindful of how you can update and enhance your session for attendees who may be participating again.
Proposals are due January 10, 2020. UAN will notify you of your proposal status in January. UAN may choose to conditionally accept some proposals provided that certain changes are made. The lead presenter of accepted proposals will receive a 50% discount off their registration, if they wish to attend the training.
Please contact Emilie or Amberley with questions at 801-359-2722 or
Page 1 of 5
Never submit passwords through Google Forms.
This form was created inside of Utah Afterschool Network.