*This is ONLY an application. Full paperwork will be provided to accepted vendors after they have been accepted.
EVENT DATES & HOURS: Saturday, August 31: 2:00pm-8:30pmSunday, September 1: 11:00am-7:00pm
- Tuesday, May 7 - Madison Festivals will notify applicants of selection status by this date and send out final registration paperwork
- Tuesday, June 25 @ 5:00pm - All restaurant contracts and related materials must be submitted - All booth fees MUST BE PAID IN FULL - Vendors not meeting June 25th deadline may forfeit booth space and security deposit
-Tuesday, July 9 @ 11am-2pm (check in at a time that works best for you) - MANDATORY RESTAURANT MEETING - Participants that miss this meeting will forfeit booth space - Participants that miss this meeting will forfeit security deposit
*Please note that you are NOT guaranteed space directly behind your booth. Please plan accordingly.
1. Vendors must be a restaurant, food cart or caterer2. Vendors' business must be in Dane, Columbia, Dodge, Jefferson, Rock, Green, Iowa or Sauk County3. Vendors' menu items must be available for retail purchase in one of the above listed counties4. Vendors' menu items must be reflective of their standard (day-to-day) or catering menu5. Vendors must provide net daily sales info to Taste of Madison post-event
A VENDOR MAY BE DEEMED INELIGIBLE IF:
1. Vendor does not meet requirements listed above2. Vendor is serving the same style of cuisine as several other Taste of Madison vendors (i.e. if five vendors serve pizza, a sixth may not be deemed beneficial for the event)3. Vendor owes outstanding fees to Madison Festivals 4. Vendor has had repeated violations from previous Taste of Madison events
*Madison Festivals, Inc. retains the sole right to determine eligibility and participation of vendors.
- Vendors may purchase a single or double space at the event (NO TRIPLE BOOTH SPACES)- Vendor is permitted only one location on Capitol Square- Single space* (10'x10') receives a canopy, (3) 20-amp power drops, (3) three tables, (4) four tent weights- Double space* (10'x20') receives a canopy, (6) 20-amp power drops, (5) five tables, (8) eight tent weights - We encourage vendors who need additional equipment or power to pre-order before the event- Vendors who order additional equipment/power on site will be invoiced following the event or have funds withheld from security deposit - Vendors are responsible for obtaining their own temporary restaurant permit application through the City of Madison Public Health
- Menu items must be 6 oz. or less- Vendors are prohibited from selling beverages. This includes fresh-squeezed lemonade, juice, water or soda. - Smoothies are ONLY permitted for smoothie-only vendors. If you are selling a smoothie, you cannot also sell food - Smoothies must be 12 oz. or less - The number of smoothie vendors will be strictly limited- Menu items MUST be priced at $5.00 or less- Vendors with single* (10'x10') space may serve (3) three menu items per day- Vendors with double* (10'x20') may serve (6) six items per day- Vendors may serve additional items at a cost of $100 per item, per day**
*Please note that you are NOT guaranteed space directly behind your booth. Please plan accordingly. *Single booths are limited to (2) two additional items per day; double booths are limited to (3) three additional items per day
- Booth Fees (does not include $300 deposit) - Single booth* (10'x10'): $850 - Double booth* (10'x20'): $1,700
Vendors who miss the application deadline or apply after booth spaces have been filled will be put on a waiting list. The security deposit will be returned in full to vendors on the waiting list that cannot be accommodated in 2019.
Selected vendors must have all event paperwork and booth fees paid by 5:00pm Tuesday, June 25, 2019 or vendor will forfeit their booth space and security deposit.
Each vendor will receive a Taste of Madison Restaurant Handbook upon selection that includes details regarding set-up, tear down, event procedures and rules & guidelines.