Fire Inspector I
Upon completion of the course, the class exam and the practical you will meet the requirements for the Office of the State Fire Marshal certification for the State of Illinois. This course is one module of the Basic Fire Prevention Officer certification.
To be certified as Inspector I the student must:
1. Complete the Fire Inspector I Course
2. Complete the Fire Inspector I Practicum: – 5 field inspections and facilitate 1 complaint as per candidate handbook
3. Pass the state examination
4. Be affiliated with a Fire Department
5. Have a minimum of 1 year of Fire Prevention experience.
6. Have an OSFM Portal.
All students must bring/purchase IFSTA Fire Inspection Code Enforcement 8th edition manual to class.
CLASS SIZE LIMITED 24 - IFIA MEMBERS RECEIVE PREFERENCE
Never submit passwords through Google Forms.
This form was created inside of Illinois Fire Inspectors Association.