All DR Mission Team Members promise to:
• respect others and spread good cheer to all.
• respect the authority of staff at the Haitian Missionary Baptist Church and Good Samaritan Hospital, as well as the trip coordinators. (Ephesians 5:21)
• participate in all designated group activities such as meals, mission work, worship, clean-up, etc., making a consistent effort to be on time to such activities.
• maintain personal safety, avoiding the following: swimming alone, traveling alone, visiting bars or discos, riding mopeds or motorcycles, staying out after the group’s established curfew, etc.
• abstain from smoking, alcohol, profanity, and illegal drugs during the entire mission trip, as well as the purchasing of alcohol and tobacco.
• exhibit modesty in relations with the opposite sex.
• wear clothing in keeping with local customs (conservative in general, i.e., for church: long pants with collared shirts for men, modest dresses or skirts for women).
• avoid gossiping and whining - build people up and encourage one another.
• voluntarily give up the right to privacy and individualism in order to live and work together as a unified team.
• be slow to anger and quick to forgive. (James 1:19 and Hebrews 12:14-15).
By electronically signing below, I promise to follow the guidelines set above. Failure to follow these guidelines may result in dismissal from the team.