Be specific in all of your answers.
GRADING: Short answer questions will be worth 10 points each. The mini-project will be worth a total of 150 points.
2. Convert your primitive to an EDITABLE POLY. Use your SUB-OBJECT manipulation skills to fashion a PUMPKIN from your sphere, complete with vertical ridges and a stem coming from the top of the pumpkin (see above.)
3. Using any method available to you, color the body of your pumpkin to be orange and the stem of your pumpkin to be greenish-brown. The cut end of your stem should be a cream color.
4. You have now created "The Great Pumpkin." As everyone knows, on October 31st, the "Great Pumpkin" rises from its pumpkin patch to fly around the world and deliver candy and presents to good children everywhere. It is YOUR job to animate this event in 100 frames or less. Using your animation skills, have your pumpkin slowly rise into the air and fly off into the distance to visit all the little children. (Use of the CURVE EDITOR and/or KEYFRAMES would be appropriate here!)
5. SCENERY: Now please go back and add all of the extras to your pumpkin patch that will make this a complete scene. Appropriate additions might include- pumpkin vines and plants, other pumpkins, trees, fences, sky, sun, people, mountains, etc. (See the background photo of this page for reference!) The more "extras" that you add to this scene to make it more realistic, the higher your grade will be.
6. For maximum visual enjoyment, insert a CAMERA into your animation to give interesting perspectives to the scene.
6. Once you have completed your pumpkin patch and animated your Great Pumpkin flying off to visit little children (using CAMERA view, if appropriate), SAVE your .max file as PUMPKIN.max and RENDER your animation as a PUMPKIN.AVI video file to your 3DS_MAX_FINAL folder. Check your video file when you are done to make sure it is operating properly.