City Sprouts Urban Farming Internship Application
Want to be part of Omaha’s thriving movement for Food Justice? Interested in working at an urban farming nonprofit? If your answer is yes, then consider applying for the City Sprouts Internship.
As a City Sprouts intern, you will be immersed in a supportive work environment, where every day is a new adventure! This internship will teach you skills that will help you pursue educational opportunities and careers in agriculture, horticulture, nutrition, culinary arts, health, education, and more. You'll also get to be part of an incredible team of other young people working, learning, cooking and building community together!
Sign in to Google
to save your progress.
Complete application no later than Saturday, April 3. We will notify you by email no later than Wednesday, April 7 if you are offered an interview. Interviews will take place (virtually) the week of April 12 - 17.
Contact Aaron French:
• Must be 15-21 years of age
• Have an interest in farming, gardening, plants, cooking, nutrition, being outdoors, and/or youth education
• Able to lift up to 35 lbs, as well as a willingness to work outdoors in various weather conditions.
• Be ready to jump right in to new experiences, work tasks, learning opportunities and community building work
• Assist with regular crop maintenance including planting, watering, weeding, harvesting at City Sprouts' Urban Farm sites: the Decatur Urban Farm, City Sprouts South Community Garden, Cooper Farm and a brand new farm location located near 24th and Lake.
• Help market produce at the Fair Deal Farmer's Market
• Promote City Sprouts to the community through site visits, school visits, presentations, and events.
• Actively participate in educational experiences, workshops, and presentations from City Sprouts staff and outside experts.
• Work in a variety of weather conditions.
• Work with diverse groups or individuals in indoor and outdoor settings.
City Sprouts North — 4002 Seward Street
City Sprouts South — 1815 N Street
Cooper Farm -- 8602 Mormon Bridge Road
Summer Work Schedule
9 A.M. - 2 P.M
JUNE + JULY
Monday, Wednesday, Friday: 9 A.M. - 3:30 P.M.
9 A.M. – 2 P.M.
-Access to tons of delicious, fresh produce!
-Lunch provided, at least once a week
I understand and agree to the above conditions.
Never submit passwords through Google Forms.
This form was created inside of City Sprouts.