FTA Youth Ambassador Program
Fashion Takes Action is Canada’s leading not-for-profit organization whose mission since 2007 has been to advance sustainability at every level of the fashion industry, through education, awareness, research and collaboration.
Did you know that the fashion industry is one of the world’s top polluters? Fashion affects the air we breathe, the water we drink and the land we live on. Here’s how:
- In 2018, the global fashion industry produced about 2.1 billion tonnes of greenhouse gas emissions (GHGs) equivalent to the combined annual GHGs of France, Germany and the United Kingdom
- We buy 60% more clothing today than we did 20 years ago
- Every second of every day, the equivalent of one garbage truck full of clothes is becomes landfill or gets burned
- Only about 2% of all the chemicals used to dye and process our clothes have been approved by the Environmental Protection Agency (EPA)
- Many garment factories in developing countries dump their toxic waste water into what is most often the only source of fresh water for tens of thousands of people
- Every time we wash our clothes, millions of microfibers are shed from both synthetic and natural materials. These microfibres enter into our drinking water, and get eaten by the fish that we eat!
And that’s not all!
We play a role as consumers as well. How often we buy clothes, how long we keep and care for our clothes, and what we do with them once we no longer want them has massive social and environmental consequences. But we have the power to make real change happen.
At FTA, we created the 7R’s of Fashion as a way for the average person to remember how they can contribute to a more circular fashion system, so that ultimately fewer textiles end up in the garbage. REDUCE, REUSE, REPAIR, REPURPOSE, RENT, RESALE, RECYCLE.
We are looking for Youth Ambassadors to help us spread important messages about Sustainable Fashion, including the 7R’s of Fashion. Our goal is to have at least 50 ethically-minded youth, between 15-25 years of age, who will use their voice and platforms to empower others to take action.
Before you submit your application, here is what being an FTA Youth Ambassador requires:
- Attend our kick off webinar where we will provide you with clear objectives on this role
- Share at least 3 Fashion Takes Action related social media posts per month, tagging us and inviting your network to follow us in our mission. This could include reposting our content or creating your own sustainable fashion content and tagging us.
- Host a minimum of 1 event or workshop (virtual or in person) per year
- Attend a minimum of 2 Ambassador calls each year
- Commit to one full year of the program
Here are a few reasons to join:
** Get recognized as an official FTA Youth Ambassador (on our website and on social)
** Log Community Volunteer hours if you are in high school
** Connect with Sustainable Fashion Leaders and Influencers
** Gain access to cool virtual events hosted by FTA
** Opportunity to contribute to FTA’s newsletter or blog
** Volunteering for a good cause, which also looks great on a resume!
Date of Birth
Occupation (if applicable)
Are you currently enrolled in school?
If yes, what school to you attend?
What is your Instagram Handle?
Why are you interested in becoming a Fashion Takes Action Ambassador?
What are you interested in doing as a Fashion Takes Action Ambassador? Check all that apply.
Helping with social media
Contributing to our Blog
Hosting Events and Workshops (either virtual or in person)
Public Speaking Engagements
Helping With Impact Data Collection & Calculation
I have read, understand, and agree to the above expectations.
Send me a copy of my responses.
Never submit passwords through Google Forms.
This content is neither created nor endorsed by Google.
Terms of Service