The Life & Death Quiz #1
Hanging in Queensland
Test your knowledge of the dark history of judicial executions in the Sunshine State.
1. Which historic Brisbane landmark were two men hanged at in 1841?
Queen Street Post Office
Windmill, Wickham Terrace
2. How many people were hanged at H.M. Prison, Brisbane, off Boggo Road?
3. Which of these Queensland towns did NOT host a hanging at the local prison?
4. In December 1830 two convicts became the first people to be hanged in Brisbane. What were their crimes?
5. Queensland was the first part of the British Empire to abolish capital punishment. In which year did this take place?
6. What is the most number of people hanged at the same time in Queensland?
7. In which year did murderer Ernest Austin become the last person to be hanged in Queensland?
8. How many people were hanged in Queensland (including before 1859)?
9. How many women were hanged in Queensland?
10. Where were the gallows at Boggo Road prison situated?
Inside a cellblock
Inside a prison yard
Outside the main gates
Next to the road
This content is neither created nor endorsed by Google.
Terms of Service