I agree to allow my child to participate in the 2019 NCS Select Camp in Charlotte, NC on April 27-28, 2019. I agree to release from all liability USA Swimming, Inc., NC Swimming, Inc., the event organizers, staff, manager, chaperones, and facility host Mecklenburg Aquatic Center for any and all injuries suffered by my child during the weekend camp. I understand that if my child violates the NCS Code of Conduct while on this trip that he or she can be dismissed immediately from the camp and that I am responsible for providing my child with transportation to and from Charotte, NC. Further I authorize medical personnel to treat my child should an emergency arise and medical care be needed. DEADLINE FOR SUBMITTING APPLICATION FORM IS MARCH 24, 2019.
I understand that this application is not complete until I mail a check to: Amy Faulk, 413 Kenilworth Road, Statesville, NC 28677-3107.
1. Check for $165 per athlete payable to "NC Swimming" for ages 11-12 and 13-14or2. Check for $130 per athlete payable to "NC Swimming" for ages 10 & Under
NC SWIMMING SELECT CAMP CODE OF CONDUCT:
The following code is in effect throughout the 2019 NC Swimming Select Camp event. Anyone who, in the opinion of the Select Camp Coaching Staff, acts in a manner that would interfere with the travel objectives listed below, will be subject to immediate return home (at the expense of the parent and/or swimmer) and other punishment including barring from future NC Swimming trips or competitions may be imposed.
1. Select Camp athletes must travel as a team or in clearly communicated age groups with a coach or chaperone to all training sessions after the commencement of the camp. All Select Camp participants are expected to behave in an exemplary manner. The behavior of selected athlete, staff, and chaperones shall be positive and cooperative throughout the conduct of the event.
2. The Select Camp Coaching Staff holds the final word on any rules, regulations, or disciplinary actions. The Head Coach shall make all final judgement concerning any disciplinary infractions.
3. The consumption or purchase of alcohol, smoking products (including chewing tobacco), or use of any other illegal drug or substance of any kind during the conduct of the Select Camp will not be tolerated. In addition, any member found or suspected to be in the presence of others (regardless of team affiliation) partaking in any of the above activities will be subject to the same punishment and probable expulsion from the Select Camp. Any swimmer suspected of such activity will appear before a review committee composed of the Camp Coaching Staff and chaperones.
4. Use of inappropriate language (including obscene language or gestures or other threatening language or conduct) will not be tolerated by any parties while participating in the Select Camp.
5. At no times will male and female athletes be in the same hotel room together. Athletes will report their movements in the hotel to designated coaches and/or chaperones at all times. Once the Select Camp athletes have moved to the hotel on Saturday, all camp attendees will remain at the hotel until Sunday morning unless the Head Coach and Camp Manager are notified in advance.
6. Athletes, coaches, and chaperones will be punctual to all meetings and warm-up times unless the Head Coach and/or Camp Manager have been notified.
7. No team members may be out of their room after the assigned curfew time and no one may leave their room alone. Athletes must stay in their assigned rooms until wake-up time Sunday. A contact number will be provided should an emergency occur during the night. “Lights out” time must be adhered to by all athletes and chaperones.
8. Any damages or thievery incurred at a hotel will be at the expense of the swimmers assigned to that room and further disciplinary action may be taken. No loud or boisterous behavior will be tolerated in the hallways or public areas, such behavior should be kept to a minimum in your rooms. Any cell phones brought to camp by athletes will be collected by camp staff at 10:00 pm and returned at breakfast. Cell phone use during the educational portions of the camp is not permitted. Violators will have cell phones confiscated until the end of the camp.
9. All camp participants will be polite to coaches, chaperones, and hotel employees, aquatic center staff, and other people contacted during the camp. Meals will be provided at the aquatic center by contracted catering outfits.
10. Camp participants agree to follow the rules above and any other rules having to do with the behavior of Select Camp participants as established by the Camp Coaching Staff and NC Swimming. Camp participants will also follow all rules established for conduct as set by USA Swimming and printed in the USA Swimming rule book.
By my electronic signature below, I recognize my responsibility to abide by these rules and requirements and I acknowledge that I have received, read, and agreed to the rules above.