UNIT IDIOMAS - Placement Test
Bem-vindo ! Após o resultado desta avaliação escrita, o Sr(a) fará uma avaliação oral por videoconferência com um de nossos professores. Esta avaliação será agendada posteriormente por nossa assistente em um horário de sua total conveniência.
Thank you !
Telefone / Whatsapp
01. Can I park here?
only half an hour.
Sorry, I did that.
It´s the same place.
02. A: Hi, ..... you? B: I´m great. And you?
03. What colour will you paint the children's bedroom?
I hope it was right.
It wasn´t very difficult.
We can´t decide.
04. ... she your only sister? Yes, ....
Is - She is.
Are - She is.
Is - She´s.
05. I can´t understand this email.
Would you like some help?
Don´t you know.
I suppose you can.
06. I´d like two tickets for tonight.
I´ll just check for you.
Afternoon and evening.
How much did you pay?
07. Shall we go to the gym now?
Not at all.
I´m too tired.
It´s very good.
08. His eyes were ...... bad that he couldn't read the number plate of the car in front.
09. The company needs to decide ...... and for all what its position is on this point.
10. Excuse me, ______ a bank near here?
11. I´m sorry. I didn´t .... to disturb you.
12. The singer ended the concert ... her most popular song.
13. Would you mind ...... the dishes before we leave?
14. ...... tired Melissa is when she gets home from work, she always makes time to say goodnight to the children.
No matter how
15. Once the plane is in the air, you can ...... your seat belts if you wish.
16. I left my last job because I had no ...... to travel.
17. She ____ exercise in the morning because she hates waking up early.
Read the text below about a young racing driver and answer questions 22 – 27.
For questions 22 – 27, answer A, B or C.
Choose only one answer for each question.
18. When Carrie Wilson took part in competitions for radio-controlled cars,
she found it difficult to compete against adults.
she realised she had a natural ability for motor racing.
she found the journeys to the events enjoyable.
19. According to the second paragraph, Carrie hoped
to be a go-kart champion.
to win a race in Brazil.
to match Fittipaldi’s speed.
20. What does the third paragraph say about Carrie’s time at school?
Her parents wanted her to spend more time at school.
She had difficulty in doing all her homework.
Her teachers gave her time off school to go to sports events.
21. What happened as soon as Carrie left school?
A team offered her a job.
She became a professional racing driver.
Her father became her trainer.
22. What does the fifth paragraph say about Carrie’s situation now?
She is very inexperienced compared with some other drivers.
She is nervous about driving faster than now.
She is looking for a manager who knows the racing profession.
23. In the final paragraph, what does Carrie say about her progress?
She wishes she could learn about motor racing more quickly.
She believes she learns from the mistakes she makes.
She thinks she will do well when she drives better cars.
Read the text below about surfing and answer questions 24 – 29.
From questions 24-29 answer A, B or C.
Choose only one answer for each question.
24. What does the writer say about surfing beaches?
The best ones are in Hawaii, Australia and California.
Lots of countries have them.
There are only a few good ones in the UK.
25. The writer used a surfboard made of
26. The writer says in the UK you should wear a wetsuit
every time you surf.
just when the water is coldest.
if you get cold easily.
27. In the third paragraph the writer says you should be careful
not to fall off your board.
not to take someone else’s board.
not to let your board hit someone.
28. What does the writer say in the final paragraph
She plans to surf in another place.
She enjoyed surfing.
She found surfing too difficult.
29. What is the best title for this text?
Starting to Surf
The History of Surfing
How Surf Boards are Made
Look at the sentences taken from signs, notices, reminder and placards and choose the best answer for each of them.
For questions 12 – 16, answer A, B or C. Choose only one answer for each question.
30. 'Hillside beach. To protect animals, please take all your rubish home'.
Do not bring your pets onto the beach.
Do not leave any litter on the beach.
Do not disturb animals that live on the beach.
31. 'The 9.15 train to York will now leave platform 3 at 9.55. Passengers with reservations should board the train no later than 9.50'. What time is the train going to depart?
32. 'Please take note that the meeting scheduled to be hel in this room at 14.00 will now take place at Room 17'. The meeting
has been postponed.
has been moved.
has been cancelled.
33. STUDENT'S COOKBOOK: A beginner in the kitchen? This will help you. You may find the recipes need time, but they are very easy to follow - and cheap!'
The book is not expensive.
The recipes are quick to prepare.
The book has simple instructions.
34. 'We would gratefully receive your old books and magazines for the hospital waiting room'.
Please help yourself to a book or magazine while you wait.
This reading material is for use in the waiting-room only
We would like your old reading material for our patients
Choose the correct word for each space.
For questions 35 – 40, answer A, B, C or D. Choose only one answer for each question.
35. Dina ………… have gone to the concert if she had not felt so tired.
36. The special deal is only valid until the end of the week, so ………… advantage of it while youcan.
37. My family ………… of six people.
38. I applied for a very interesting job but was turned …………
39. All the children enjoyed going to school ………… from Harry.
40. Although she was ………… disappointed to lose the game, she didn’t show it.
Never submit passwords through Google Forms.
This form was created inside of Grupo Tiradentes.