This application is for an individual teacher OR teaching team applying to one site OR multiple sites.
** NOTE - You will be asked to email your Letter of Intent and Year-Long Plan once you've completed this form. Please only begin this form if you have these documents finished and ready to email within this application. Please email your Letter of Intent and Year-Long Plan to email@example.com
**NOTE - If your teaching team is wanting to apply as more than two teachers at any one site, YOU MUST contact the site coordinator to clarify potential availability BEFORE proceeding with this application. Thank you.
2. For teachers applying for the first time and those interested in updates please join us for an information and proposal writing session Tuesday January 29th, 2019 at CBE Education Centre at 4:30pm (doors open at 4:00pm). Additionally, sessions at Calgary City Teachers' Convention will also be offered on Friday February 15th in the morning - one for proposal writing and one for CC/OM 101. You will be given the opportunity to indicate your attendance at these sessions on this application form.
3. You have planned and are now emailing your year-long interdisciplinary study around a big idea or question using the lens of the site as a focus. This long-term big idea or question will act as the framework for your year-long plan.
4. You have used this framework to develop a 1-2 page Proposal (visual web or outline) which will be emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org .
5. Your emailed Letter of Intent will have introduced yourself (and team), your students, your school community, your passion and your understanding of the chosen site(s), as well as explain why and how CC/OM fits your year-long plan. Who are you and what will your year ahead look like with your CC/OM week as a catalyst for year-long inquiry?
6. Check the Campus Calgary / Open Minds website (ccom.cbe.ab.ca) for the most up-to-date details as well as an informative "New to Applying" section on the Apply page. Information about important inservice dates will also be found on our website.
7. Complete the application form online. Submit it, ensuring both supporting documents are emailed to email@example.com by April 10, 2019.
EACH SITE IS ONLY ABLE TO ACCOMMODATE ONE CLASS (i.e. ONE INSTRUCTIONAL GROUP) OF STUDENTS PER WEEK.