Representatives may change throughout the semester/year, as long as there is always someone designated. Until a replacement designee is assigned as the "Instrument Specialist," the last person to assume the role will continue to be held to the position's responsibilities.
The "Instrument Specialist" must be able to accurately access basic instrument condition, perform minor repairs, and be available for a minimum of five (5) "condition inspections" for their studio's College of Music-owned instruments.
Time periods for the "condition inspections":
1) During the two (2) weeks leading up to the start of Fall Semester classes
2) During two (2) weeks in the middle of the Fall Semester (week 7 & week 8)
3) During Fall Finals Week or any time over Winter Break prior to the start of Spring Semester classes
4) During two (2) weeks in the middle of the Spring Semester (week 7 & week 8)
5) During Spring Finals Week or during the one (1) week immediately after the conclusion of Spring Finals Week
"Instrument Specialist" must schedule a time with the Instrument Inventory management staff to inspect their assigned instruments. Please allow 2-4 business days to process requests and to finalize an appointment.
At the time of inspection, the "Instrument Specialist" should be identifying any minor repairs/maintenance work that they will need to complete, and to arrange a time to do so.
At the time of inspection, the "Instrument Specialist" should be identifying any major repairs/maintenance work that must be completed by professional staff outside of the College of Music.