FUTURE BUSINESS LEADER B
67) When a vote by ballot is not required by the bylaws, which one of the following would a ballot vote not be prescribed?
A) whenever it is believed that members may thereby be more likely to vote their true sentiments
B) a vote on the admission of a candidate to membership in the society
C) a vote on charges before or after the trial of a member or an officer
D) non-contested elections
69) If the tellers are uncertain as to how to credit a vote, the decision is made by the:
D) chairman of the tellers
83) The journal entry to record the payroll for the pay period is a debit to an expense account. This amount is found in the payroll register as:
A) Total Gross Earnings
B) Total Deductions
C) Total Regular Earnings
D) Total Net Pay
51) If 40 votes are cast, a majority is
74) A system of record-keeping in which each business transaction affects at least two accounts is called:
A) Owner’s equity accounting.
B) Double-entry accounting.
C) Dual account transaction accounting.
D) T accounting.
89) The terms SIMMs, DIMMs, and RIMMs refer to different types of:
B) disk drives.
C) processing units.
D) memory chips.
91) Of the four "building block skills", which one is frequently considered to be the largest behavior management challenge?
A) outstanding perceptual skills
B) the ability to inspire employees
C) personal flexibility and adaptability
D) the ability to analyze situations correctly
80) A manager presents a problem to the team and helps them make the decision. He is exhibiting which decision-making style?
88) The term used to describe when people believe that norms, values, and beliefs of their own culture represent only correct ways of dealing with the world is called:
C) cultural relativism.
92) Which one of the following is likely to lead to a surplus in the relevant market?
A) a high minimum wage
B) a price ceiling on gasoline
C) a monopoly
D) rent controls
76) A federal tax collected on the value of a person’s property at the time of his or her death is called:
A) estate tax.
B) gift tax.
C) real estate tax.
D) tax liability.
68) The purpose of the motion to postpone indefinitely is to discuss the motion at a later date.
56) A society has the right to exclude
A) members, whose dues are in arrears, from attending all of its meetings.
B) nonmembers from all of its meetings.
C) members whose dues are in arrears from attending committee meetings.
D) nonmembers from attendance only during voting.
63) When a motion is presented in the form of a resolution, the mover may use all of the following expressions, except:
A) "I move the adoption of the following resolution."
B) "Resolved, That..."
C) "I offer the following resolution."
D) "I move the adoption of the resolution relating to. . . which I have sent to the chair."
71) The system board can also be called the motherboard and the main board.
66) The tellers' report:
A) contains the names of candidates in order of their nomination.
B) begins with the number of votes cast.
C) contains the names of candidates in alphabetical order.
D) begins with the number of eligible voters.
72) One million bytes of data is called a
94) _____________ is the practice of selling a new product or service during its initial offering in order to attract customers to the company or product.
A) Psychological pricing
75) If you sold $110,000 of merchandise and your average inventory was $80,000, what was your inventory turnover for the year?
96) What is the process of communicating the value of a product or service to customers?
78) A nonprofit financial institution that is owned by its members and organized for their benefit is called:
A) investment company.
B) commercial bank.
C) credit union.
D) finance company.
81) When a quota is imposed on the number of cars imported into a country domestic suppliers
A) lose and domestic consumers pay lower prices for cars.
B) gain and domestic consumers pay lower prices for cars.
C) gain and domestic consumers pay higher prices for cars.
D) lose and domestic consumers pay higher prices for care.
95) Which one of the following best defines a session?
A) a meeting which, if adjourned, must complete its business at the following meeting
B) a meeting, or series of connected meetings, devoted to a single order of business, program, or agenda
C) a single official gathering to transact business with no separations longer than a few minutes
D) a portion of a meeting devoted to one announced matter of business
57) When the meaning of a bylaw is clear, the society cannot change that meaning except:
A) by a two-thirds vote.
B) by a nine-tenths vote.
C) by a unanimous vote.
D) by amending the bylaws.
65) Objection to the consideration of a question:
A) can be applied to petitions and communications from a superior body.
B) can be applied to main and subsidiary motions.
C) requires a two-thirds against consideration to sustain the objection.
D) cannot be submitted by the presiding officer on his own initiative.
62) When planning a meeting, one of the first things to do is:
A) determine an overall objective for the meeting.
B) check the national FBLA Web site in advance of the meeting.
C) consult the state adviser in advance of the meeting.
D) consult the local chapter's parliamentarian before the meeting.
53) Which of the following is a correct order of business for a meeting?
A) Reading of the minutes, officer reports, new business, unfinished business
B) Officer reports, reading of the minutes, unfinished business, new business
C) Reading of the minutes, officer reports, unfinished business, new business
D) Officer reports, new business, unfinished business, reading of the minutes
73) The primary purpose of Adobe Photoshop is to allow the user to
A) create and modify desktop publishing documents.
B) create and modify graphics.
C) create and modify spreadsheets.
D) design a web page.
59) Standing rules are adopted or suspended by:
A) a majority vote, with previous notice.
B) a two-thirds vote, with previous notice.
C) a two-thirds vote, without previous notice.
D) a majority vote, without previous notice.
100) Jill wishes to borrow $100,000 to start a new business. Her bank will loan her the money if she will pledge her house as security for the loan so the loan will be repaid even if her business fails. The house is called:
A) net worth.
97) What is the secret combination of numbers called that allows you to access your account at an ATM?
B) security code
D) Rule 72
90) Which one of the following is not a functional department of a bank?
A) financial planning department
B) personal banking department
C) human resources department
D) trust department
98) Which word below is spelled correctly?
79) If the cost of producing one unit of a product is $10 and the firms add a mark-up of 40%, what is the selling price?
87) If you write a paper for a class and use a quote from an Internet resource without giving proper credit to the source, this is called:
A) breaching information.
93) Of the following characteristics, a less-developed country is least likely to have:
A) poor housing and health care.
B) a highly educated population.
C) an emphasis on agriculture and mining.
D) low economic wealth.
99) Another term for telecommunication is:
A) local area network.
C) workflow automation.
D) communication over a distance.
52) What is the appropriate way to state a motion to adjourn a meeting?
A) “I think we should adjourn the meeting at this time.”
B) “May I make a motion to adjourn the meeting?”
C) “I motion that we adjourn the meeting.”
D) “I move that we adjourn the meeting.”
82) What is the problem for franchisors when adapting to differences in foreign markets?
A) decreases the possibility of using a master franchise
B) increases the ease by which the transferred asset can be pirated
C) franchisor receives a lower percentage of franchisee's sales
D) more adaptation to the foreign market, less need for franchisor
86) Billy Wayne has $7421 in his savings account. It earns 2.75 percent interest. After 13 months, how much simple interest will Billy Wayne earn?
85) Jessica's grandparents gave her a $350 gift certificate to a large department store so she could buy a new wool coat. Jessica found the coat of her dreams, but it cost $400. After the holidays, it went on sale for 25 percent off. How much money was left after she bought the coat on sale if tax was 10½ percent?
A) $ 18.50
B) $ 68.50
D) $ 31.50
60) To adopt the entire report of a board or committee, as opposed to just the recommendations contained at the end of the report, requires a:
A) two-thirds vote with previous notice.
B) majority vote.
C) majority vote with previous notice.
D) two-thirds vote.
84) The main point of a paragraph is stated in the:
A) topic sentence.
C) italicized parts of the paragraph.
D) coherence of each paragraph.
77) An economic system in which people can choose what they buy, what they produce and sell, and where they work is called a:
A) strategic plan.
B) marketing plan.
C) business plan.
D) free enterprise system.
58) With a limited number of exceptions, a member must:
A) be a two-year or longer member in order to speak before the assembly.
B) file a written request to speak before the assembly.
C) stand in order to address the assembly.
D) be able to show proof of membership in order to speak before the assembly.
A) in the nature of rules of order cannot be suspended.
B) must authorize all powers assumed by the organization.
C) prescribe administrative functions of the organization.
D) may be suspended if they relate to the duties of officers in connection with meetings.
61) A session of an assembly is:
A) a single official gathering of its members.
B) several days of business and entertainment.
C) a program and business in one meeting.
D) a meeting or series of connected meetings with one agenda.
What is your name?
64) In standing and special committees, the motion to reconsider:
A) can be applied to a question one time only.
B) always requires a two-thirds vote to adopt.
C) can be made and taken up regardless of the time that has elapsed since the vote was taken.
D) can be made by any member of the committee, even one who was absent.
54) Main motions should start with the words:
A) “I wish to move…”
B) “I so move…”
C) “I motion that…”
D) “I move that…”
Send me a copy of my responses.
Page 1 of 1
Never submit passwords through Google Forms.
This content is neither created nor endorsed by Google.
Terms of Service