Hacktoberfest in Bulawayo
Be part of this historic event which is going to be held for the first time ever in Bulawayo, Zimbabwe.
What is Hacktoberfest?
Hacktoberfest — brought to you by DigitalOcean in partnership with DEV — is a month-long celebration of open-source software. Maintainers are invited to guide would-be contributors toward issues that will help move the project forward, and contributors get the opportunity to give back to both projects they like and others they've just discovered. No contribution is too small — bug fixes and documentation updates are valid ways of participating.
Can't make it to this event? Hacktoberfest is virtual and open to participants from around the globe. Sign up to participate today at
Who is invited?
1. Anyone who has an interest in open-source projects, newbie and senior dev alike.
2. Anyone who is eager to learn about git workflow and github.
3. Anyone who is willing to network and collaborate with an epic dev community.
1. Welcome - 5 mins
2. Intro to Open Source - 15 mins
3. Intro to Git and Github - 15 mins
4. Workshop - 45 mins
5. Demos - 30 mins
6. Hack - 1 hour
To enjoy the full benefits of the meetup you are encouraged to:
1. To bring a good laptop
2. Make sure u have git installed; download git from
3. Create an account on github
Events code of conduct
Hacktoberfest events are welcoming, open, and inclusive. "Please read our Events Code of Conduct before attending. Happy Hacking!"
URL link for events code of conduct
Date: 12th October 2019
Time: 11 am - 2 pm
Venue: TechVillage Innovation Hub
This Hacktoberfest in Bulawayo was made possible through the support from TechVillage Innovation Hub @techvillagezw
Never submit passwords through Google Forms.
This content is neither created nor endorsed by Google.
Terms of Service