PRE APPRENTICESHIP APPLICATION
IEC DALLAS CHAPTER
WE WILL BEGIN PROCESSING APPLICATIONS ON MONDAY, 6/1/2020
COLLIN COLLEGE CLASSES WILL BEGIN ON 7/6/2020
EASTFIELD COLLEGE CLASSES WILL BEGIN ON 7/7/2020
Are you interested in attending Collin College Continuing Education located in Plano TX? Or Eastfield College Continuing Education located in Pleasant Grove, Dallas?
Collin College - Plano TX
Eastfield College - Pleasant Grove (Dallas)
First Name and Last Name:
Social Security number:
Date of birth:
City, State and Zip:
Do you have any work experience? If so, please list below :
Are you 18 years or older?
Are you interested in interviewing with one of our Contractor Members?
Are you interested in entering our 4-Year Apprenticeship Program?
Are you able to pass a drug test?
Do you have a valid Driver's License?
IEC DALLAS - JOB DESCRIPTION
JOB TITLE: PRE- APPRENTICESHIP ELECTRICIAN
SCOPE OF WORK:
A. Work will consist of installation, alterations, additions and/or repairs of electrical systems, conductors and associated materials and equipment within the commercial, industrial and residential electrical industry.
A. Assist electricians by performing tasks under the direct supervision of an electrician actually installing the work and handling the bulk of materials. This employee should keep all materials, tools and equipment in an orderly fashion and work area clean at all times. Demonstrating safe work habits and proper care of tools and equipment.
1- Small tools and equipment case.
2- Material handling and organizing
3- Keeps work area clean
4- Assist in wire pulls
5- Mounting and strapping
6- Understand Safety requirements
B. Attend instructional class two nights per week for 3 hours.
POSITION REQUIREMENTS / QUALIFICATIONS:
● Must be the age of 18 or older.
● Provide Social Security Card and current Driver’s License
● High School Diploma or GED.
● If applicant is accepted into the program he / she will be required to:
A. Take a drug test which tests for illegal drugs
B. Pass a background check for Driver License and Social Security verification.
● Current Driver’s License and have own vehicle transportation (must job site are not always served by public transportation)
● Electrical - Must obtain and renew annually a State approved Electrical Apprentice License.
● High School Diploma or GED
● No experience is required
1. Job requires working in all elements, depending on the job location, time of year, heat, cold, rain or snow.
2. Must be able to utilize construction site sanitary facilities (portal johns).
3. Job requires employee to have required personal tools with them at all time. (Waist tool belt as worn weighs approximately 30 pounds).
4. Work from all type ladders (step ladders up to 14’, “A” frame ladders and all size extension ladders and carry and relocate up to 12’ step ladder by one’s self)
5. Employee’s personal weight and personal tools cannot exceed weight limit of ladder (Class 1 - 250 pounds; Class 1A - 300 pounds).
6. Perform work at various heights, up to 90’ from ladders, scaffolds, aerial lifts, cat walks or other safe work areas.
7. Work in restricted areas (switchgear room, manholes, utility tunnels, crawl spaces, attics).
8. Wear personal protective equipment (hard hat, safety glasses at all times). Respirator when required.
9. Repetitive use of arms, hands and fingers.
10. Able to work 8 hours per day, 40 hours per week and overtime as required and night shifts.
11. Apprentices are prohibited from working on energized circuits or equipment.
1. Positively identify colors of wires.
2. Comprehends reading and drawing prints and schematics of same.
3. Bend conduit by hand with hand benders.
4. Must use all power tools, saws, threaders, wire tuggers, hydraulic benders and knockout punches.
5. Capable of digging trenches, either by use of hand tools or power equipment.
6. Practices and comprehends his/her employer’s safe work procedures as outlined in a Safety Policy. Haz-Com policy and Lockout / Tag Out policy.
7. Operates two (2) handed tools/equipment, cable cutters, hammer, drills, compression tools, jack hammers.
8. Operate company trucks with manual and automatic transmission.
9. Read and interprets maps, instructional manuals, specifications, work site directions, blueprints and written instructions.
10. Operate and work from mechanical personnel lifts (electric or gas powered).
1. Must be able to bend, stoop, squat, crawl, climb, kneel, balance, push, pull and reach overhead.
2. Lift 51 pounds
3. Constantly moving on your feet.
4. Climb ladders of all types.
5. Complete overhead work for full day assignments.
6. Must be able to make transition from employee parking area or street into construction work areas and to gain access to all levels of the building, even if the only means of access is by O.S.H.A approved site construction ladder or stairs still under construction but acceptable and safe.
7. Possess good vision (normal or corrected).
8. Responsible for securing tools and materials from storage areas to complete their assigned tasks.
● ALL ELEMENTS AND OUTSIDE.
● RAIN / SNOW
POSITION FROM WHICH AN EMPLOYEE COULD BE PROMOTED INTO THIS POSITION:
● HIGH SCHOOL GRADUATE OR GED
● LABOR CATEGORY
● Apprentice Electrician next level. The Apprenticeship Committee which is named as the program sponsor in the registered Apprenticeship Standards will determine the level of Apprenticeship.
After reading through the job description it is important that you understand the following: The job of an electrician requires a person to climb ladders, be in high or confined places and work out in the elements (cold and hot weather), work around scissor lifts, etc..... Are you physically capable to perform this type of work?
Do you have reliable transportation to travel to different job sites and classroom?
AGREEMENT AND SIGNATURE
By submitting this application, I affirm that the facts set forth in it are true and complete. I understand that if I am accepted, any false statements, omissions, or other misrepresentations made by me on this application may result in my dismissal.
PLEASE TYPE YOUR FULL NAME AS SIGNATURE:
It is the policy of this organization to provide equal opportunities without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual preference, age or disability.
Thank you for completing this application form and for your interest in our Pre-Apprenticeship Program.
For additional questions please contact Sara Diaz
A copy of your responses will be emailed to the address you provided.
Never submit passwords through Google Forms.
This content is neither created nor endorsed by Google. -
Terms of Service