Integrated Skills Program 2
First name (Example: Rachen)
Last name (Example: Komalanakul)
School ID number (Example: 123456)
L6T2H - Building conversations
In this lesson, you're going to practise asking and answering conversation questions about celebrations and festivals.
Task One: Let's do a quiz with some words to help us talk about today's topic. Choose the best word or words to complete each sentence.
1. If something is _____, it islLiked by many people.
2. We’re off school next Monday because it’s a _____ holiday.
3. It’s my _____ next week. I’ll be 18.
4. A _____ is a special day or period when people join together for fun activities.
5. Christmas, Songkran, and New Year are _____ .
6. There are a lot of _____ living in places like Phuket and Koh Samui.
7. Something that happens every year is _____ .
8. An important part of Thai _____ is to show respect to people who are older than you.
Task Two: Watch the video and practise answering the questions.
Task Three: Choose the right words to complete the five questions.
1. What is the biggest annual celebration in your family? Why?
Answer: It’s New Year because we have a big family party.
2. Which Thai celebration do you like _____? Why?
Answer: I like Songkran best because it’s fun.
3. _____ non-Thai festivals do you celebrate?
Answer: I celebrate Chinese New Year and Halloween.
4. When was the last public holiday here and what did you do _____ it?
Answer: It was two weeks ago and I had a meal with my family.
5. _____ important are celebrations in Thai culture? Why?
Answer: Celebrations are very important because we learn about our culture.
Task Four: Sam is asking Jennifer some questions about festivals and celebrations. Choose the best answers for Jennifer.
1. What do you usually do to celebrate your birthday?
When it's my sister's birthday, I always bake her a cake.
My birthday is on the 25th of January.
I usually have a big party with my friends.
2. When there is a long celebration (e.g. Songkran) do you prefer to stay at home or travel? Why?
I prefer to travel because I can meet a lot of new people.
Yes, I really enjoy myself at Songkran.
No, most festivals are onloy a day or two.
3. Which Thai festivals are popular with foreigners? Why?
Thai people celebrate a lot of foreign festivals too.
I think it's because the Thai festivals are unique.
SOngkran is popular because it's a lot of fun.
4. When will the next public holiday be and what do you plan to do for it?
The next one will be at the start of next month and I plan to go to the beach.
There are about fifteen public holidays a year.
Tourist towns like Pattaya and Phuket are very popular during public holidays.
5. Why do you think every culture in the world has celebrations?
I think New Year is a big event in every culture in the world.
I think it’s because people enjoy social events.
The festivals in South America look very big and exciting to me.
Task Five: Watch the video and answer the questions with your own ideas.
Click the link below to see a pdf of this lesson.
Never submit passwords through Google Forms.
This form was created inside of Sineeducation.