U. S. COAST GUARD AUXILIARY NEW APPLICANT COURSE EXAMINATION
1. The purpose of the Auxiliary is to assist the Coast Guard with its missions except direct law enforcement and
Recreational boating safety.
Boaters in distress.
2. The Auxiliary Manual COMDTINST M 16790.1 (series) is best described as
The standard reference for active duty Coast Guard officers.
A general history of the Coast Guard Auxiliary.
The policy manual for every Auxiliarist.
What to do when on patrol.
3. To be eligible for enrollment in the Auxiliary, an applicant must be a citizen of the United States, its territories, or possessions, and be
At least 17 years of age.
At least 21 years of age.
At least 31 years of age.
Of any age.
4. Auxiliary communications should flow via
The Auxiliary chain of leadership and management.
The Director of Auxiliary.
The District Commodore.
The Federal Communications System.
5. An Auxiliarist can be disenrolled only
By any Auxiliary member.
By a vote of 1/3 attendees at a flotilla meeting.
By the Division Commander.
By authority of the Commandant through the District Commander.
6. The Privacy Act stipulates any roster of names and addresses of Auxiliary members shall not be made available to
The editor of The Navigator.
Any "outside" organization or person.
The area flotilla commanders.
Coast Guard Headquarters personnel.
7. Within the Auxiliary, the term "chain of leadership and management" means between elected officers.
A path for communications to flow in an effective and efficient manner.
An order given which must be obeyed.
The official "Passing of Command" at an Auxiliary Change of Watch.
Mutual respect and courtesy.
8. Official Business Mail may not be used for
Notices of Auxiliary meetings.
Mailing of official Auxiliary information.
Personal correspondence between members.
Correspondence with any Auxiliary Director.
9. The flotilla number 054-06-01 . . .
Means Division 1, Flotilla 6, District 5 Southern Region.
Means District 5 Southern Region, Division 6, Flotilla 1.
Indicates the State, Group, and Flotilla.
Is no longer used.
10. When wearing the Tropical Blue uniform, the member may wear
The garrison cap.
The combination hat.
The ball cap.
A & B.
11. The proper titles for elected officers at the flotilla level are Flotilla Commander (FC) and
Flotilla Vice Commander (VFC).
Flotilla Staff Officer (FSO).
Division Commander (DCDR).
12. Although the Auxiliary is non-military, members are expected to
Salute one another when meeting.
Observe proper military courtesies when going aboard government vessels.
Wear their uniform, even when appearing at public functions as private citizens.
Wear some identifying insignia at all times.
13. Subject to Internal Revenue Service (IRS) regulation, tax deductions may be claimed for
Contribution of your time.
Cost of certain uniforms and their maintenance.
Expenses for which you have been reimbursed.
Depreciation for your dock.
14. The overall authority for Coast Guard Auxiliary administration is vested by law in the
Commandant of the Coast Guard.
Secretary, Department of Homeland Security.
Secretary, Department of Defense.
15. The Auxiliary Ensign (the Blue Ensign) may be displayed by
All Auxiliarists at any time.
Inspected surface facilities or an Aux-owned vessel displaying a current VSC decal.
Operational facilities on patrol.
Any Auxiliarist when also displaying a yacht club burgee.
16. The proper abbreviation for a Flotilla Staff Officer is
17. The correct abbreviations for Division elected officers are
18. The three levels of qualification in the Boat Crew Program are
Trainee, Operator, and Crewman.
Crewman, Coxswain, and PWC Operator.
Coxswain, Crewman, and Skipper.
Facility Owner, Coxswain, and Crewman.
19. In transacting Auxiliary business, the two most important references are
The Auxiliary Manual and Auxiliary Operations Policy Manual.
The Regional Director of Auxiliary's Red and Orange Books.
The Auxiliary District Telephone Directory and Webster's Dictionary.
The Federal Telephone Communication System (FTS) and Staff Directory.
20. Auxiliary members have the right to
Tell a racist joke.
Prevent a senior citizen from holding office.
Be free from sexual harassment.
Refuse Auxiliary membership to a Native American.
21. Auxiliarists must NEVER wear an Auxiliary uniform when engaged in
Conducting Vessel Safety Checks (VSCs).
Public education classes.
Political activities or paid employment.
Coast Guard Operations.
22. AUXDATA and AUXINFO can only be effective as management tools if:
The flotilla materials officer (FSO-MA) enters correct information.
Members make timely and accurate reports for input.
Both A and B are correct.
None of the above is correct.
23. To be eligible for reimbursement for travel, an Auxiliarist must be traveling on reimbursable orders issued by
An appropriate Coast Guard official.
The Flotilla Commander (FC).
The Flotilla Staff Officer for Finance (FSO-FN).
Any elected Coast Guard Auxiliary official.
24. The mission-oriented program which allows Auxiliarists to check recreational boats for safety compliance is the Vessel Safety Check (VSC). The flotilla staff officer who specializes in this activity is the
25. The Winter Dress Blue uniform is authorized as a seasonal alternative for the
Working Blue Uniform.
Service Dress Blue Uniform.
Tropical Blue Uniform.
Dinner Dress Blue Uniform.
26. The primary binding force which holds the Auxiliary together is
27. The basic organizational unit in the Auxiliary is the
28. While on Auxiliary patrol, under Coast Guard orders, you slip and injure your head and arm. You
Should take no action.
Have no medical coverage through the Coast Guard.
Are entitled to the same medical treatment afforded Coast Guard members.
Are entitled only to your own medical coverage.
29. The Coast Guard Auxiliary/Civil Rights Counselor (CGAUX/CRC)
Qualifies candidates for the Boat Crew Program.
Investigates discrimination/sexual harassment complaints.
Coordinates Auxiliary social activities.
Investigates accidents occurring during patrols.
30. Parallel staffing reflects a process similar to the Auxiliary chain of leadership and management, but it applies to
Appointed staff officers.
Only Division officers.
Only elected officers.
District Commodores and above.
A copy of your responses will be emailed to the address you provided.
Page 1 of 1
Never submit passwords through Google Forms.
This content is neither created nor endorsed by Google.
Terms of Service