2020-2021 EAST OHIO CCYM SCHOLARSHIP
The East Ohio Conference Council on Youth Ministry (CCYM) Scholarship is administered by the Conference Board of Higher Education and Campus Ministry which awards scholarships to present CCYM graduating students based upon merit. The Board will award one (1) $5,000 Scholarship. This is a one year scholarship. Notification of scholarship awards will be made to all applicants no later than June 1, 2020. (Please do not call the office).
Questions concerning the East Ohio CCYM Scholarship should be directed to Kaye Wolfinger at 800-831-3972 Ext. 116 or e-mail
with your questions.
SCHOLARSHIP APPLICATION WILL ONLY BE ACCEPTED IF SUBMITTED ONLINE
1. The student must be a current member of the Conference Council on Youth Ministries Committee in good standing.
2. The student must have a GPA of 3.0 or higher (Email Transcript).
3. The student must be an active member of a United Methodist Church in East Ohio, or a historically related church in East Ohio. The student must be accepted to or attending a UMC or historically related college or university for the 2020-2021 college year.
4. Each student applicant must be recommended by a local United Methodist Church, or a historically related church. A form is attached for the student to give to their local church Administrative Board/Council. Form is to be filled out by church officers and returned to student.
5. The Student Application form MUST be completed by the student and not by a third party (such as parent). Attention and care should be given to spelling, punctuation, correct grammar and coherent content. It is recommended that the applicant request conversation and mentoring with their pastor or church lay leader as they create their essay.
6. All materials should be sent to East Ohio CCYM Scholarship, 8800 Cleveland Avenue N.W., P.O. Box 2800, North Canton, Ohio 44720, postmarked no later than March 16, 2020. (There are NO exceptions to this deadline, please do not ask).
7. The student MUST submit ALL material for the application to be considered. A complete application will include:
• Student Application Form – with all sections completed within this form.
Incomplete applications will not be considered.
• Email Transcript. (
• Administrative Board Recommendation Form (
• A personal letter of recommendation from a pastor or lay person
(who is not a relative) who knows you well which states:
a) The length of time you’ve known the applicant
b) How you have worked/related with the applicant
c) Why you feel the applicant is deserving of a scholarship.
Page 1 of 8
Never submit passwords through Google Forms.
This content is neither created nor endorsed by Google.
Terms of Service