The Library’s priority will be to purchase and provide access to materials that directly support the needs of DSC students and faculty at the appropriate degree level, with a wide variety of materials that span many disciplines.
Anyone may request items for consideration for purchase with the knowledge that the Library will judge the request in light of the following criteria:
* Potential use and need for material by DSC students and faculty –
including consideration of the potential number of users for a certain resource.
* Need for collection to be balanced in presentation of controversial issues.
* Authoritativeness/reputation of material or publisher
* Availability of funds and item expense
* Timeliness or permanence of material
We will try to respond to all requests. Please be aware that due to publishing delays or budgetary restraints, a considerable amount of time may pass before purchase or receipt of an item.