July 13th 2012, 6-9 pm: Reception hosted by Manhattan College
July 14th 2012: 9 am to 6 pm: Programming followed by a social night out
July 15th 2012, 9 am to 5 pm: Programming
Registration: $35 for the weekend
Student/youth (under 18)/low income (before June 1st): $25
Per day options: $20
Food: $52 for four meals (Saturday and Sunday breakfast and lunch). Breakfast only for two days is at $26, lunch only for two days is also at $26
Please pay via PayPal on our website http://www.mpvusa.org/events.html
Lodging: We have reserved a block of single rooms at Manhattan College at a rate of $55/night. Make sure to add that to your payment menu on our Paypal site. If you prefer to stay at local hotels instead of the dorm here's a list: http://www.manhattan.edu/admissions/schedule-visit/local-accommodations
Food: Food must be booked with your registration. Meal options are offered at our website.
All attendees are invited to the Friday night reception hosted by Manhattan College. Please note registration of $35 does NOT cover meals, Saturday night social event, or accommodation.
1. Daisy Khan of Asma Society on the Women's Shura Council.
2. Performance by "Coming Out Muslim".
3. Yarehk Hernandez: Muslim Youth Identity.
4. Spirituality talk by Sultan Hameed: Sura 98 points out that the requirements of religion are very few: faith in God, regular prayer and charity with the condition that we be sincere.
5. A report on the mental health of minority LGBTQ Muslims in America (research done by Univ. of New Jersey)
6. Imam Daayiee Abdullah: The similarities between Islamophobia and Homophobia.
7. A workshop on HIV and Islamic Ethics
8. A report by the heads of MPV Chapters (LA, DC, Atlanta and Canada) plus a report from France on the progressive Muslim movement in the EU
9. A visit to the 9-11 Memorial and offer a quiet prayer for the dead.
Please email us at email@example.com with any issues or questions.