Ruffner Mountain Self-Led Group Hike Request Form
Planned group hikes of 10 or more persons are required to fill out and submit this form 2-4 weeks before the scheduled event. This form is for hikes and groups that will not be led by a Ruffner Mountain staff member.
This form may change at any time. Contact Ruffner Mountain for the most updated version. Please notify us if you have any questions.
A Ruffner Mountain staff member will be in contact with you within 7-10 days of the form submittal.
Group Hike Request Form v 1.1
General Group Rules:
These rules do NOT cover all cases and scenarios, and are only general guidelines. Questions about land use or facility use can be directed towards
, or at the end of the page.
- Hike size: For visitor experience, and to preserve our conservation efforts, groups that are larger than 15 participants will need to separate into multiple smaller groups of 15 hikers or less.
- Trail use fee: For those that can afford it, there is a $3 trail use fee for each person who visits Ruffner Mountain, in order to maintain our trails and facilities. This fee may be given at trail kiosks,
, or at our Nature Center.
- All trash must be hiked out. No flowers picked or rocks moved. Leave No Trace rules apply.
- No fires of any kind, including barbecue and fire pits.
- All dogs must be on leash.
- Trails are open from dawn to dusk. Hiking at night is prohibited.
- Parking spaces are limited. Please carpool whenever possible. If parking lot is full, additional parking can be found alongside 81st Street South. Do not block driveways.
- Stay away from cliff edges and rocks. No climbing is allowed.
- As always, HIKE AT YOUR OWN RISK .
Name of organization or group:
Date of proposed hike:
Alternative proposed date (if applicable):
Start time of hike on date(s) listed above
Approximate end time of hike on date(s) listed above:
Approximate total number of participants (including children and chaperones if applicable):
Trails or locations your group is planning to visit, if known. Map located at
Do participants need to pay an organization, hike leader, or event coordinator to join this hike?
Any other information you would like to share with us about your planned hike:
Page 1 of 2
Never submit passwords through Google Forms.
This form was created inside of Ruffner Mountain Nature Preserve.
Terms of Service