Chokran Bzef ... for your interest in residencies at Green Olive Arts, Tetouan. Below this letter are the application forms you requested for the INSIDER ARTIST YEAR. We accept applications year round but this special opportunity is limited to ONLY 6 Moroccan artists. Following receipt of your completed application, a 50 Dirham non-refundable application fee and any related documents, your application will be reviewed by the Selection Panel. The review process takes less than 2 weeks.
If you are accepted to the INSIDER ARTIST YEAR at Green Olive Arts, you can expect to really grow in your development as an artist through regular interaction with artists from all over the world over the course of 12 months.
Benefits to the Insider Artist:
- Insider Artists may submit proposals for multiple residencies (of 1 to 8 weeks each) throughout the year
- Regular notification about incoming guest artists, so you can plan to be in the studio when they are
- Basic tools, easels, wifi, computer/printer access, storage, a webpage with high visibility and insider artist community in Tetouan
- G.O.A. staff available on site to help facilitate your time of production and planning
- Discounts on workshops and conferences at Green Olive Arts
- One solo exhibition during the Insider Year
Insider Artists must agree to:
- A one-time payment of only 3000 DH, due within 1 month of acceptance to secure a place
- Regularly promote Green Olive Arts on social media by writing about their experiences
- Leave one original piece of their creative work as a gift to Green Olive Arts
- Submit requests for studio space at least 1 month ahead of time, so that we can make sure that the space is available
Residencies may last from 1-8 weeks, year round, with each artist determining the length of time appropriate to the work he or she wants to accomplish. While you are at Green Olive Arts, we can help arrange your housing or you can arrange your own. On Fridays we offer a shared meal of traditional couscous for anyone working in the studios. Artists who have specific facilities needs should contact Green Olive Arts to determine if our studios will accommodate their work.
The INSIDER ARTIST YEAR fee does not include the cost of supplies, meals, transportation or housing ... these are the responsibility of the artist. We have negotiated special rates with a number of housing options here in town (see our housing options web-page) and we can make those arrangements for our guests. Housing fees may vary depending on the time of year (As you know, summer is peak tourist season in Tetouan).
Please be aware that once you have been accepted, you must arrange the payment of the full 3000 DH within 30 days after 'acceptance' to secure your INSIDER ARTIST YEAR.
We are excited that you are interested in an INSIDER ARTIST YEAR of art residencies at Green Olive Arts, and we are eager to get to know you in the process. Please complete the following information so that our Selection Panel can make a decision about your proposed goals and your fit with our schedule and program. When you have finished typing into the form, CLICK THE SUBMIT BUTTON at the bottom of the form. You will receive an email confirmation and may have opportunity to edit your responses later if necessary.
Our Selection process typically includes a brief phone or skype interview before a final decision is made. Applicants will be contacted first by email to arrange the best time for this. We look forward to learning more about you!
If you have questions about the application, or need further information about Green Olive Arts, please do not hesitate to contact me by e-mail at email@example.com.