CivicTechYYC Co-Lead Positions
Civic Tech is a movement in which citizens and governments work together to use technology, data & design for public good. Over the last 4 years CivicTechYYC has grown significantly. Our organization must also grow to ensure that we can continue to have a positive impact in our community through technology.
More background information is available in the presentation deck Shaping the Future of CivicTechYYC -
We are looking for two Co-Leads in each of the three focus areas described below. The two Co-Leads would share responsibilities in each area and would be supplemented by additional CivicTechYYC members who would support specific tasks, activities and events.
Sign in to Google
to save your progress.
Member Engagement and Communication
• Organize the monthly meetups and other member events
• Liaise with the Calgary tech ecosystem to be aware of other meetups, events and emerging trends
• Use communication channels to keep members informed and engaged
Community Collaboration and Project Generation
• Build relationships with individuals and organizations in the wider Calgary community
• Discover opportunities to collaborate and to generate new project ideas
• Raise awareness of CivicTechYYC and participate in seminars, workshops or events
Technical Operations and Support
• Provide technology advice and technical infrastructure support for projects and hackathons
• Monitor emerging trends in the use of technology for good
• Organize learning opportunities for members related to technology
The Co-Lead positions will typically require 2-4 hours per week but can be significantly more at times when there are hackathons or other events. In each focus area the Co-Leads will compile a list of other members that are willing to volunteer to support various activities throughout the year. The Group Lead and the Co-Leads will coordinate their efforts through online meetings as needed.
Submit an Expression of Interest
If you are interested in the Co-Lead positions please provide the following information:
1. Explain why you are interested in CivicTechYYC and specifically in the Co-Lead position. Please also mention which Co-Lead position you feel you are most interested in.
2. Provide a description of the background and experience you have that would make you a good fit for the Co-Lead position.
3. Attach a link to your resume and/or to your LinkedIn or other online profile(s)
Never submit passwords through Google Forms.
This content is neither created nor endorsed by Google.
Terms of Service