Greener Life on Campus
Quiz 4 - Being Green on Campus
1. How much CO2 can be saved per year by turning off one fluorescent tube light that is normally left on during the day?
c. 79 kg
a. 10 kg
d. 124 kg
b. 53 kg
2. What is the most sustainable way to travel?
a. Electric car
d. Public transport
3. Recycling on campus is very important because of the amount of waste produced by the university. How much waste does University of Aberdeen produce each year?
b. 1,500 tonnes
a. 1,000 tonnes
c. 3,000 tonnes
d. 5,000 tonnes
4. What is the correct process that should be followed when producing and disposing of waste, known as the waste hierarchy?
a. Recycle → Recover → Reuse → Dispose → Reduce
d. Reduce → Reuse → Recycle → Recover → Dispose
b. Recover → Dispose → Reduce → Recycle → Reuse
c. Dispose → Recycle → Reuse → Recover → Reduce
5. How do plug-in hybrid vehicles operate?
b. They have only a battery which drives the car and must be charged when empty
d. They use solely an internal combustion engine
c. They use an internal combustion engine to drive and this engine also charges a small battery on board for increased efficiency but with no option to charge at a charging station
a. They have both an internal combustion engine and battery which can be used in tandem or separate to drive the vehicle
Thank you for taking the quiz.
Please hit the 'Submit' button.
Never submit passwords through Google Forms.
This form was created inside of Aberdeen University Students' Association.