Student Driving & Parking Privileges –
The following regulations will apply to all students driving to school:
- Speeding, reckless operations, or making excessive noises with a motor vehicle may result in a police citation, suspension from driving on campus and/or suspension from school. The speed limit is 15 mph.
- Students in the parking lot without written permission from an administrator will be classified as skipping school and will be disciplined as such.
- Students must only park in the student lots. Students will not park in staff parking lot or in spaces marked “Staff.”
- Administrators reserve the right to search vehicles when there is reasonable suspicion.
- Students must exit their vehicles immediately when arriving on campus. All school rules apply to the parking lot.
- All bus traffic has the right of way on campus.
- Under the “R U Buckled” program, students will be required to wear seatbelts when entering and exiting the campus. Law enforcement will conduct periodic and random checks on campus to ensure student safety.
- WSHS assumes no liability for any damages done to vehicles while parked on campus.
Failure to comply with these regulations and / or related code of conduct expectations will result in one or more of the following:
- Loss of driving privileges for a period deemed by administration
- In School Suspension or Out of School Suspension
- Towing of the vehicle at the owner’s expense.
After reading over the rules and regulations, please complete this form and submit. Students will be issued a parking pass by Mrs. Jones in the Main Office once they have submitted this form online and have paid the office $30.00 (during COLT lunch ONLY). Students may pay using cash or check (make check payable to West Stanly High School). Any student getting their license after March 1, 2019 will pay $20.00. License must be presented to the office in order to receive this discount.