Recommendations for TMG Space Camp Scholarships must be made by a educator (NOT a parent) or mentor who has worked with the student the past 12 months.
Recommendations are due by January 15, 2018
If you have questions about recommendation and application process please email email@example.com
Recommendations are due no later than January 15, 2018
The scholarship covers one week of camp July 8-13, 2018, as well as transportation to get to camp, a flight suit, and spending money during the week at camp. Travel dates may include July 7-14, 2018.
***If student is chosen to receive a scholarship their family will need to pay a $150 deposit at the time of accepting the scholarship. The deposit will be returned after the student attends Space Camp and upon submitting a video of the presentation.
2. Student will need to create and submit a short video (under 3 minutes) introducing themselves and explaining why STEM education and/or space exploration are important to the future of humankind. Student should also cover why they think they will benefit from attending Space Camp. Videos will need to be emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org with the student's full name and words "Space Camp Scholarship Application 2018" in Subject line of the email as well as in the title of the video.
3. Students will need to have a mentor or teacher fill out out a recommendation form and also agree to mentor the student through completion of the outreach presentation. Recommendation and mentorship agreement form can be found here: https://goo.gl/forms/qEjYV2SYDecdHFwJ3
All applications must be submitted by January 15, 2018
* Family must qualify for the USDA free and reduced lunch program. We do require verification of your family income/qualification for the USDA free and reduced lunch program if you are awarded a scholarship. To see income guidelines click here: https://www.gpo.gov/fdsys/pkg/FR-2015-03-31/pdf/2015-07358.pdf
* Must live in the continental U.S. (Lower 48 states)
* Must be able to attend Space Camp the week of July 7-14, 2018
* Have never attended Space Camp USA in Huntsville, Alabama
* Must sign a photo/video release form.
* Must be between the age of 15-17 as of July 1, 2018.