Assistant News Editor Application
The Assistant News Editor will help with coordination of the section. This position will receive a small stipend.
· Must be present on production night.
· Attend weekly section meetings.
· Hold office hours for a minimum of 10 hours per week Tuesday through Saturday.
· Edit weekly stories.
· Assist with breaking news.
· Be knowledgeable in AP style.
· Write at least two stories each week.
· Check University Star email account several times a day.
· Respond to emails within 24 hours.
· Join appropriate SLACK channel and maintain effective communication.
· Assist with one outreach activity per semester.
· Encouraged to attend all staff functions.
· Required to attend bi-weekly all-staff meeting.
· Required to attend Camp Star in August.
· Ensure all content meets the highest standards of journalistic ethics.
Never submit passwords through Google Forms.
This form was created inside of University Star.
Terms of Service